Happy Friday! How are you treating yourself?

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I just got back from a week of all inclusive in turkey. Hummus, babba ganouah, backlava waffles and ice cream. And some swimming and walking to offset the damage.
    Worth the one pound gain on the scale. Fingers crossed it’s water weight but I don’t think sooooo

If you weighed literally the day you got back or the day after, I'd be willing to bet money that a one pound gain is water/waste. I'd bet even more if you traveled by plane. But even if it's not, that sounds totally worth it.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Bought some beautiful dragonfruit! 🐉 Forgot how much i loved it. Last time I had dragonfruit I was in Vietnam ... have them sitting on counter. Have been feasting on them for treats Friday and all week! ✨
  • apullum wrote: »
    I just got back from a week of all inclusive in turkey. Hummus, babba ganouah, backlava waffles and ice cream. And some swimming and walking to offset the damage.
    Worth the one pound gain on the scale. Fingers crossed it’s water weight but I don’t think sooooo

If you weighed literally the day you got back or the day after, I'd be willing to bet money that a one pound gain is water/waste. I'd bet even more if you traveled by plane. But even if it's not, that sounds totally worth it.

Fingers crossed. But hey, you gotta enjoy life eh? I’m such a glutton I can’t imagine dieting on holiday
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Supporting local restaurants and getting takeout!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    THAI FOOD!!!
  • pancakerunner
    THAI FOOD!!!

that is hilarious because that is what I am getting!
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Friday is turning into our frozen pizza day. We look forward to it and have a side salad to go with it
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Friday is turning into our frozen pizza day. We look forward to it and have a side salad to go with it

What brand of frozen pizza do you like? 😮
  • hawksgirl229
    Sam's choice at walmart or signature select from jewel. Both are self rising and have been good.. frozen pizza has been hit hard in our area at the grocery store.
  • PKM0515
    Thanks, @hawksgirl229! 💕
  • pancakerunner
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Thanks, @hawksgirl229! 💕

DiGiorno is also good IMO. And Green Mill frozen... and Red Baron. :)
  • hawksgirl229
    Thanks
    I've haven't seen green mill before but I've had and liked both red baron and digiorno. It's been very slim pickings in the frozen food section lately..I even have problems with frozen fruit. That also seems to be hit or miss..I like using the fruit with yogurt or in a protein shake. I'll also snack on a few pieces still frozen..
  • PKM0515
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Thanks, @hawksgirl229! 💕

DiGiorno is also good IMO. And Green Mill frozen... and Red Baron. :)

Thank you!
  • pancakerunner
    I would be lying if I said I didn't just purchase frozen dino nuggets and onion rings...
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I have cinnamon roll dough in the bread machine. Needs to come out and get prepped and proofed in a few. Dinner may well be pastry.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I’m trying to give myself grace and self-compassion after a VERY TRYING work-week. Even though I have tons to do, I’m not going to make the same mistake I made last weekend where I worked 8 hrs between Saturday and Sunday trying to get stuff done. I need to give myself and my brain and emotions a break.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,571 Member
    I'm thinking nothing because this week was filled with pizza and rolls and a huge *kitten* turkey sandwich and garlic bread and chicken chow mein (and, oh no, not just a serving) and more cookies than normal and donuts.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    We had a big pizza lunch on Tuesday so I have to behave this weekend, but I just made a huuuuge bowl of tomato basil soup with rotini pasta. Added in some butter garlic croutons and Greek yogurt for creaminess. I can’t even finish it I’m so stuffed! Finished just under my calorie goal too!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Another homemade banana bread ...served warm with butter!
  • pancakerunner
    anyone have any Memorial Day weekend plans?