Books, books, and more books!!

Options
2»

Replies

• NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options

I love a load of books too and also prefer ones where you get lost in the story and can't put them down.

James Patterson's Alex Cross series are amazing.....

I agree....I love to get lost in the story! I've heard the Alex Cross series is great! It's on my list too!
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next Series...that man is an incredible writer!
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "Lamb" by Christopher Moore
    "Confederacy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole
    "Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafron

Too many to pick just one...

Please buy real books from real bookstores before they all go away!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    its a tie between A walk to remember (nicholas sparks) and Lock and Key (sarah dessen)
  • MiaMcBetty
    Options
    Bump!
  • kristenwig1980
    kristenwig1980 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Three by Ted Dekker

OMG!! I love Ted Dekker!! Have you read Skin or The Bride Collector? Those are terrific. I am reading The Priest's Graveyard right now. It's great!!
  • emptysh0ebox
    Options
    I love to read! Right now I'm really into the True Blood series
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Anything and EVERYTHING by Dennis Lehane, especially Mystic River, The Given Day and Shutter Island. Also absolutely love Thomas Harris, the Hannibal books.

And Harry Potter of course.
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love reading. Lately anything by Chuck Palahniuk, Jonathan Lethem, or TC Boyle will do the trick. I also have been rereading favorites like 1984 and anything by Isabel Allende.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My favorite book of all time is The Giver. I'm not quite sure why, but it is. I also liked Harry Potter, As I Lay Dying, Wild At Heart.

I have a huge list of books I want to read.. And conveniently enough, there is a used bookstore and a library within walking distance of my apartment :)
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    perks of being a wallflower by stephen chbosky

it's sad, funny, awkward, and amazing! i totally recommend it. it's an epistolary novel (written in letters the main character writes). IT IS AWESOME.

:]
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I love all kinds of books, I don't think I could pick just one. I loved Water For Elephants, Something Borrowed, 1984, Catcher In The Rye, Animal Farm... Right now I'm reading biographies/autobiographies on Ted Williams, The Beatles, Neil Young.. next I want tog get some Bob Dylan ones and Steven Tyler. I only buy used though, I hate stores like Barnes and Noble. I go to a local used bookstore.

Those are some of my all time favorites too. My favorite though is World War Z by Max Brooks. I recommend this book as strongly as I can to everyone. I've made about 5 people read it and they all loved it. It's about a zombie apocalypse, but told as a series of interviews after the fact. Really a great book, even if you're not into zombies at all. Brad Pitt is making it into a movie.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading "Game of Thrones" and it is really really good.

I just started to read "Skinny B!tch" and it is also awesome.

I love J R Ward's books, Harry Potter, Twilight, Jaqueline Carey, etc
  • Eunified
    Eunified Posts: 51
    Options
    BUMP!!! I love books, can't wait to add these to my list to read at home!