Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    FLG%20SWO.jpg

The colors orange & white together.

I was 3 years old.
    It was Summertime in Ohio.
    It was Hot.
    These were the colors of an inflatable swimming pool dad bought me for the backyard.

That image ONLY reminds me of Whataburger and I'm not even Texan.
    FLG%20SWO.jpg

I was 3 years old.
    It was Hot.
    These were the colors of an inflatable swimming pool dad bought me for the backyard.

then you should have gone swimming with me in the inflatable pool....
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Tequila reminds me of my parent's bathtub when I was 15 😷

Mikes hard lemonade reminds me of my parents sink. Only difference was I tried to burn the evidence and realized a little too late the sink was plastic and in fact not porcelain like the one downstairs in the main bathroom.

I still can’t stand the smell of that stuff.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I must be doing it wrong... mine are all negative.

Nope, all of mine are negative, as well.. so I guess we're either okay.. or we're both doing it wrong and that's why I'm not sharing, even though I think this is a cool concept for a thread.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    FLG%20SWO.jpg

I was 3 years old.
    It was Hot.

The only correct answer to these colors.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    FLG%20SWO.jpg

I was 3 years old.
    It was Hot.

....obviously you don't know the unbridled joy in the heart of a three year old boy on a hot, July afternoon and the pure delight of doing a bellyflop into several inches of water displaced from a garden hose into an inflatable pool.

(for the record, you're still invited to go swimming with me... the pool now is just a little bit bigger, deeper and fancy.)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Walking through the piney woods with snow on the branches. When the wind blows the smell of pine, cedar and fir is so strong and powerful that you'll never forget it. It reminds me of everything that's good about life.

landscapes%20nature%20winter%20snow%20trees%20branches%20pine%20trees_www.paperhi.com_21.jpg
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    the last Thanksgiving with my ma
    https://youtu.be/CBHKd-xdue0

I really like this song. It evokes feelings within me without even having a memory attached to it.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    FLG%20SWO.jpg

I was 3 years old.
    It was Hot.

....obviously you don't know the unbridled joy in the heart of a three year old boy on a hot, July afternoon and the pure delight of doing a bellyflop into several inches of water displaced from a garden hose into an inflatable pool.

(for the record, you're still invited to go swimming with me... the pool now is just a little bit bigger, deeper and fancy.)

I'll hold you to that. I love swimming. :wink:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

I don’t like anyone telling me what to do because it reminds me of my overly controlling parents.

Ditto.

Sometimes in the summer my garden shed smells just like the garage on my aunt and uncle's farm, where I used to go during summer vacation. It brings me back to those happier times when I was free of my parents.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Mine are negative at the moment. Mostly stress related and that makes me snack on junk food. Kids home sick, kids bickering, kids whining, husband running late, money due for this school thing and that school thing and don’t forget the book fair! You want to be a good parent and encourage reading don’t you? Why you’re at it sign up for the SEVEN HOUR mother son event coming in November. What’s that? Oh, midterms, finals.....tuition due again?!
  • pizzamyheart
    Options
    The simple question “what’s for dinner?” Is enough to trigger me into a quivering, oozing, crying blob of cantankerous jello.
  • pizzamyheart
    edited October 2019
    Options
    “Mooommmmm, there’s nothing to do....I’m so bored!” triggers me into a catatonic state in which I stare at the wall, drool, and mutter “clean the house, walk the dog, pick up your stuff, put away your clothes, study....” repeatedly under my breath while rocking back and forth to the beat of the song “they’re coming to take me away ha ha, they’re coming to take me away hee-.hee”.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I forgot this one bit this article reminded me....any abuse towards animals makes me want to abuse the abuser. People suck!

j518yu5swse2.png
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    coco by Chanel perfume

Opium, Paris by YSL, Bill Blass... all my mom through the years.