How many eggs per day do you eat?

Options
I like eggs, and could eat a lot of them if I wanted to. I try to limit myself to two a day, but I have no idea the rhyme or reason for my thought process on that... maybe some antiquated suggestions from when my parents used to “diet?” I have also been noticing that I need to up my protein - eggs would be an easy way to do it! (Not everyday, I have a feeling I would get tired of them pretty fast).

Anyway, how many do you eat a day? What forms?

I had 1 HB egg made into egg salad for lunch, then two sunny side up with sweet potatoes and some sausage and rice stuff for dinner.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the eggs are from our backyard hens... for now anyway, they are starting to slow up for the season.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I almost never eat eggs but mixed with other things like flour, butter, and sugar I am okay with. It's a long story about why I do not like eggs.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I have, at most, two eggs a week and that's only if I'm going out to breakfast on Saturday. I am very picky about my eggs and generally don't like them (like the person above me, long story). That said, there's no general reason to not eat eggs if you like them.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    My upper limit is about 2 a day, not health-wise, but gas-wise.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs but I usually mix them with egg whites so I can have more for less calories. But on average a minimum of 2 day + egg whites. But they are so easy to make sometimes I have them for 2 meals in one day.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,436 Member
    Options
    It depends. Work days (3 per week), I take 4 hardboiled eggs with me in my lunchbox (2 meals packed, I work 12s). Probably 3-4 non work days I also eat eggs. Most of the time 3 whole eggs and 2 egg whites, either fried, scrambled or omelet form.

I put away 1-2 dozen eggs per week by myself.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I like eggs, alas they seem to not like me. For reasons I have never understood they make my stomach hurt if they are hardboiled, deviled eggs, scrambled and so on. But if mixed in with other things normally ok.

I have been working on the Chaffle recipes this week and so far so good. Egg, cheese a wee bit of almond flour made in a waffle maker.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs everyday, but I go through about 5 - 7 whole farm fresh eggs per week.

I make omelettes, scrambled eggs, frittatas, quiche, hard boil them, put them in sandwiches such as a monte cristo, use them in homemade desserts.

Also cook them with meals such as french toast, waffles, my mock crab cakes, fried rice, breakfast tacos and I make yummy aïoli with eggs too.

I have no issues with them and all of my health numbers are great.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat eggs on their own but also do not see a reason one would need to limit their intake of them.
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I ate six eggs yesterday. I think that's my record. I mix other ingredients into my eggs, because eating them alone makes me nauseous. I like to add cheese, cottage cheese, minced garlic, onion and peppers. I've never added all five items, but I'm sure I'd like it. My average for the eight days I've been tracking is 2.6 eggs per day.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    my mood changes with eggs. Some weeks I will eat 1-2 a day and then go for a month without any.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I am feeling that day.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Between 2 and 4 a day most days...
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    2 to 4 is my average
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Between 2 and 4 a day most days...

2-4 is my average as well. I get sick of them after that.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    None at the moment. I used to eat 2 for breakfast every day. You're probably thinking of cholesterol which as someone said, eggs wouldn't be cause for concern on that front.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 whole jumbo eggs daily. Eggs are my favorite food. ☺
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 large eggs daily usually
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs everyday...2-3x per week tops. I love eggs, but I would get tired of them pretty quickly if I ate them daily. I like doing a big breakfast on Sunday mornings on my griddle with eggs, potatoes, bacon, etc.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,933 Member
    Options
    I often eat two eggs per day.