Barcode scanner not working?

My barcode scanner hasn't been working for ages. Is anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• suzilla53
    suzilla53 Posts: 65 Member
    No,used mine several times over the last few days.not sure why your wouldn't work.
  • mommyhead42
    mommyhead42 Posts: 1 Member
    I recently had an issue with my barcode scanner not working, too. It would sound like it had scanned but just a blank page popped up. I first tried restarting my phone but same problem. I then unistalled and reinstalled MFP, no help. I then turned my phone off completely, then restarted it and the scanner came back. Don't know if that actually did anything or if the reinstall just needed longer or whatever, but you might try it.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Could it have something to do with your wifi or Internet access? Even if the app is working fine on my phone, I find the scanner only works for me if I have a strong wifi connection. I usually have to walk to the other side of my apartment, closer to the router, to get it to work.
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Mines doesn't work when I am building a recipe.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    lkndaniels wrote: »

Mine doesn't either, it makes using the recipe builder a real pain in the *kitten*
  • WTRWLKR2016
    WTRWLKR2016 Posts: 124 Member
    Mine stopped working in the recipe builder. I posted in the tech area and never got a response.
  • shumm090
    shumm090 Posts: 23 Member
    Same. Mine stopped working after the last update. Big pain
  • 808Trish808
    808Trish808 Posts: 122 Member
    When I put in ingredients to my recipe builder it doesn't work
  • Sanamibragimova
    Sanamibragimova Posts: 2 Member
    My barcode scanner hasn't been working for ages. Is anyone else having this problem?

• Sanamibragimova
    Sanamibragimova Posts: 2 Member
    The bar code scanner does not work!! Please fit it as soon as possible!!!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I’ve been having intermittent problems with it over the last couple of days too. It returns a message saying it can’t find a match to the barcode.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    The bar code scanner does not work!! Please fit it as soon as possible!!!

No one who can help you is reading this. Write to Support. Go https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us fill in the popup, scroll down to Contact Support, and fill out the Submit a ticket form.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Seems to be working better now. Maybe they’ve fixed it! 🤞
  • ejohn753
    ejohn753 Posts: 5 Member
    Mine wasn't working but now has changed to a different type and is ok again!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    lkndaniels wrote: »

Try building the recipe this way: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10471173/how-to-use-my-foods-and-my-meals-in-a-recipe-a-workaround

Thanks to @CyberTone !
  • rjuilfs215
    rjuilfs215 Posts: 1 Member
    my bar code scanner is not working either. this sucks it use to be great.
  • fourtotwentychars
    fourtotwentychars Posts: 36 Member
    Used to work for me, stopped working several app updates ago. It's a pain in the *kitten*.
  • Seba_KL
    Seba_KL Posts: 1 Member
    It just stopped working for me two days ago. It was working just fine, now there is no scanning at all; Just camera opens up and do nothing; I have no idea what caused for it to change. I tried to reinstall 4 times with no luck.
  • amr_king
    amr_king Posts: 1 Member
    Same problem here
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Mine stopped working in the recipe builder. I posted in the tech area and never got a response.

As @kshama says, above, no one who can help you is reading this- and they don't read the Tech forum either. If you ever have any issues, you need to contact Support directly.