What you love/hate about hallmark Christmas movies

Options

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    KarlTaters wrote: »
    I hate that there is never any nudity.

Karl, you've had way too many of them french fried taters. Mmmm hmmm.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I’m not a fan. The only ones I actually like are Home Alone 1 & 2.
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Bunch of rubbish, pushing the perfect life on us. What? NO! I'm not crying, you're crying!
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    My neighbors are hooked on them. They won't hardly watch anything else, not even the news. I ask, did you catch that good PBS documentary. Nuh huh, we don't watch the news it's too depressing. They're all jacked UP on hallmark movies. Their tree goes up the day after Halloween. There's a huge hallmark following out there. I'm into utube music videos. They keep me going while I'm cooking, cleaning and typing my heartfelt responses to all of you. B) It's all fun, isn't it.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'd rather watch National Lampoon's
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    People watch them then dream of randomly meeting a stranger and falling in love. Makes for easy pickins at the famer's market every weekend.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    Between the Hallmark movies everyone else is watching old Gunsmoke and Little House on the Prairie reruns. One little kid runs around outside and tells his father, hurry, hurry, Dad...Ol' Hoteye is coming on, Gunsmoke.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I like "Christmas Keto with the Kranks". I cry every time I watch it.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Hallmark, as in the Hallmark Cards, has their own television network? How did they swing that lol.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Hallmark, as in the Hallmark Cards, has their own television network? How did they swing that lol.

I think Lori Laughlin bribed a few tv executives.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options

Aunt Becky from Full House? This is a rabbit hole I wasn't ready to go down. 😟
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options

It's a Full-House conspiracy. Read: Candice Cameron-Bure
  • Diatonic12
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It's -4 degrees here and I woke up thinking about this thread. ;) Can you imagine, making your way out to hollywood but you can't hit the big time with your name up in the marquee lights. Sadly, your agent tells you, I'm sorry but you're gonna have to hoof it on over to the hallmark auditions. You see your life pass before your eyes as you wonder how long you'll be stuck in a perpetual Christmas Carol for the rest of your life. You tell yourself the work is good while you can get it and you're grateful but you keep dreaming about your big break. o

• slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I love and hate the same thing - the positivity and warm fuzzy feeling. If I watch more than a two in a sitting, I find myself stress eating snack food because I get overwhelmed by the fairytale feelings. Movie #3 in the line up needs a Krampus character. Not a grinch that changes their viewpoint 10 min before the end. A serious Krampus. Then maybe I could lay off the pepperidge farms cookies I bought specifically for the movie viewing.
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I hate all of them! Baaa humbug......
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Am I allowed to just say I hate them period? Hallmark movies in general tend to be vapid and moronic and I find them incredibly hard to watch (Christmas or not).

Give me animated Christmas specials or Christmas Story any day over anything on the Hallmark channel.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »

It's a Full-House conspiracy. Read: Candice Cameron-Bure

Again... conspiracies - they're everywhere!
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    tzzdj2a243nv.jpg
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    What's a Hallmark Christmas movie?
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    No one seems to exercise in these movies. There’s no way they can be that happy without exercise.