Replies

• katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    katermari wrote: »
    cathipa wrote: »
    Please note, I do not like most veggies, or fruits I have a very bland boring pallet.

Chances are when you start to avoid the hyper-palatable, ultra processed foods you are currently eating, the fruits and vegetables you once thought had no flavor will taste amazing.

i dont eat ultra processed foods, i eat the same boring foods. ie brocolli asparagus green beans zucchini

When you see your doctor you should ask for a therapy referral.

i go to counselling every two weeks.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Please note, I do not like most veggies, or fruits I have a very bland boring pallet.

Chances are when you start to avoid the hyper-palatable, ultra processed foods you are currently eating, the fruits and vegetables you once thought had no flavor will taste amazing.

i dont eat ultra processed foods, i eat the same boring foods. ie brocolli asparagus green beans zucchini

Good for you. Do you discuss your relationship with food?
  • katermari
    katermari Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Good for you. Do you discuss your relationship with food?

I have started to because its really unhealthy.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    two years ago I decided to see how long I could go without eating meat (fish only) I quickly learned about supplementing with b12, over the past two years my body has started to hate me.
    My hair is falling out (breaking) I am exhausted, My skin is garbage, I am always hungry, I haven't added any muscle mass, and the list goes on.
    Now I know you do not need animal protein to survive, BUT I cannot afford all the supplements I need to keep my body going.

Some of this sounds like me when I lived in vegetarian yoga communities and wasn't getting enough iron.

I'm glad you are going to the doctor next week. Do ask for iron levels to be tested.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,615 Member
    Options

It sounds like you're addressing both the physical and mental aspects. As far as veggies go what about branching off to vegetables in the same or similar types like kohlrabi, artichokes, and summer squash. Winter squash is in season and is like a dessert. Most vegetables taste great roasted. Tossing with balsamic vinegar gives it great flavor. I bought a bunch of herb and spice blends from Penzey's and mix things up. Good luck with your doctor appointment!