Ladies with Garmins - pics please?

Options
moonangel12
moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
edited October 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I am in the market for a new fitness watch, something waterproof (I had another thread asking for favorites, but on the app so I can’t link). Garmin looks like it’s the overwhelming favorite, but as I was reading reviews I noticed a trend that the Garmins look HUGE. For instance, the Instinct is supposed to be the most “watch like” in size and appearance, on some people it looks fine, on others it’s huge. Just trying to gauge size before ordering anything.

That being said, if any ladies could post pics of the one they have and a picture of it on their wrist? Also maybe include your wrist size for comparison? I would appreciate it!

This is the Fitbit Charge HR Small on my wrist - it measures approx 6.25”/16cm around.

115fzj17d9yv.jpeg

There is a Vivosmart HR+ that looks similar, but not sure. I think Walmart is the only place locally that carries Garmins? Going to try a couple on next time we go, but it’s a smaller store so not sure if they will have much.

ETA: I am 5’4”, currently 163 lbs. More of a medium build I guess? Not super petite, not large, just average...

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin vivosmart HR, I don't have a way to measure my wrist, so I put a pen in the picture for reference.
    6y6bwaxcyry8.jpg
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin forerunner 35 which I really like. I have pretty small wrists and yes, the watch is fairly big but that doesn’t bother me.

This is a close-up a took after a run:
    m4dlu251n1tz.jpeg

And you can see it in this before picture I took:
    qbr20wvs15qd.jpeg
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Vivofit 2 with a Milanese mesh band I bought separately. 4 years old and still going strong. Only replaced the batteries once so far and I swim with it 3 x a week. Bought both on Amazon. If I ever need another tracker I will go with Garmin. The fact that I don't have to charge it is worth it, not to mention the water resistance.

e550vabvf61r.jpg
  • moonangel12
    Options
    Whoop whoop! Thank you so much! Very helpful!

@shortgirlrunning - where did you get your mat? I am wanting a thicker one like that, and it’s cute to boot ;)
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    @moonangel12 Target!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Vivoactive 3 Music
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have the 920xt and love it. It is big but I need that so I can read the numbers :)
    ubo1bkzjp233.png

• moonangel12
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Vivofit 2 with a Milanese mesh band I bought separately. 4 years old and still going strong. Only replaced the batteries once so far and I swim with it 3 x a week. Bought both on Amazon. If I ever need another tracker I will go with Garmin. The fact that I don't have to charge it is worth it, not to mention the water resistance.

That’s good to hear! I had looked at that one, but wasn’t sure how it did after battery changes - that seemed to be the biggest issue, but it sounds like yours is doing just fine. I definitely was intrigued by one that doesn’t require charging.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    The Vivosmart HR 4 is TINY. Less than half an inch wide.

I have the first Vivosmart as well and it's a bit bigger but probably not much wider than an inch.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have the vivoactive 3 music. I have small wrists, so small it is hard to find replacement bands (see image of band, it has one hole left and wraps almost all the way around). I have had bigger watches, and this one doesn't seem big to me maybe because it is light weight.

78qgx7s049dv.jpg

1xc25g4plmva.jpg

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    I heard an interesting story about Google offering to acquire FitBit yesterday, which included how Fitbit has declined of late and Apple watches have risen. https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/10/29/google-eyes-acquisition-of-fitbit
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the watches that are meant to be worn all day. I have a Polar watch for activities like running and biking, and I wear a Fitbit One on my brastrap all day for steps (I actually need it for our benefits program at work).
    The One is the best device I have ever had - so of course it is no longer made. >:)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,203 Member
    Options
    Here's another Garmin Vivoactive 3, on a woman with big hands (size 10 ring finger, even at BMI 20). It's light, easy to wear IMO, good battery life, pretty quick to charge. 2v14gbbrwqed.jpg
  • moonangel12
    Options
    I can't stand the watches that are meant to be worn all day. I have a Polar watch for activities like running and biking, and I wear a Fitbit One on my brastrap all day for steps (I actually need it for our benefits program at work).
    The One is the best device I have ever had - so of course it is no longer made. >:)
    I had actually wondered if people switched them out for activities... but then I reminded myself that I can’t remember what I had for breakfast usually so trying to remember to do that on a consistent basis probably wasn’t a good plan :lol: plus I can be impulsive with my workouts sooo... yeah... normally I am several minutes in before I realize I never started the workout mode on my Fitbit.

• misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Garmin 735x here. I have really big hands so a small watch looks lost on me
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    z5z5v6d9cx36.jpeg
    Garmin 735XT here. I have big hands so need a larger watch so it doesn’t look lost on my wrist
  • moonangel12
    Options
    Walmart has a Vívosmart3 listed for $30 in store :o I hesitated for some unknown reason, and if the weather weren’t so crummy I would have gone back for it tonight. Not exactly what I was looking for for the long run, but for $30 it should be a good waterproof replacement for my Fitbit (which is getting glitchy anyway).
  • lillyblack1982
    lillyblack1982 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Forerunner 35. I have pretty small wrists and the size does bother me a bit, especially when my sleeves get caught on it. It’s a few years old now, and I have noticed it leaves marks on my skin (almost like healed burn marks), I think from the lasers.

pjolzlygaahu.jpeg
  • twistedhailstone
    twistedhailstone Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I’ve recently purchased a Garmin Instinct and yes it’s about the size of a regular watch.
    My wrists are about 7 inches in circumference so I’m not particularly dainty.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Garmin vivosmart HR+, with replacement cheapo strap as the official ones are too expensive!