Happy Halloween! Do you guys want candy/healthy snacks this year?

Options
I want candy! Snickers Almond! Also "keto" chocolate chip cookies!

Replies

• etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I bought a huge 400 piece bag of halloween candy that has reece's cups, kit kats, jolly ranchers, and maltesers only to have the city tear up our sidewalks and edge of roads this morning. What a great trick or treater deterrent!

As you can tell I am pretty sad about this .....more candy for me I guess?
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I prefer toys. They last longer. This year we're giving out slime kits. (I typically only get about 20 trick-or-treaters, and I know most of them by name.)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    We don't get trick-or-treaters, and my kid's too old. I have zero Halloween plans and I like it that way.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I want the French silk pie I have in my fridge.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    We live in a high-trafficked area (allergies to chocolate/peanuts/sugar, autism, and special needs children). I have full-sized candy bars and sugar skulls tattoos. Oh, I hope the cats haven't took down the orange and purples lights! :#
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    We only get one older boy trick-or-treater. I did get candy two weeks ago, and ate it all, which I sort of knew I was going to do, as I was premenstrual at the time.

Since then, I've started a 30 day Limiting Added Sugar to the WHO Recommendations Challenge: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10769530/30-day-logging-limiting-added-sugar-challenge/p1

I told my neighbor what happened to my Halloween candy and she offered me some of hers but because I am doing the challenge I was able to say no.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Coffee Crisp. I love them.
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't get any trick-or-treaters, but there are miniature chocolates in my office this week, and it's the Reese's peanut butter cups that usually call to me (though not as much as I thought they would). I also have a bag of candy corn at home (I'm one of the weirdos who likes it) that I've been slowly working my through.
  • Lobsterboxtops
    Lobsterboxtops Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I’ve been nibbling on the little heath bars and gummy life savers. Surprisingly reasonable in calories. All candy left over will either go to work with or my husband.

Our ToT was this past weekend and it was pouring buckets...every kid got a handful.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

Are you Canadian? I love those, but have only had them when we've been in Canada. I'll usually stock up and bring a bunch home after a visit up north.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Candy all the way. I've been eating fun-sized Snickers with absolutely no regrets.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    Some years we get a fair sized group of kids (25+) but the forecast tonight is for thunderstorms and high winds, so I think most of the parents plan to take the kids to indoor events at various churches or fire halls. We have enough candy to last us for quite a while: Kit Kats, Hershey bars and Milky Ways.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I don't really like candy. Like I'd eat a peanut butter cup and like it okay, but it's not something I get excited about or miss if I don't eat it so it's never really worth the cals to me (although I won't overeat it). I ended up with candy left over last year and ate a little bit (from an open package with just a little left) and then forgot about the package I didn't open, which is still in my pantry.

Bought new candy this year just in case that one isn't good any more -- I bought the ones I like best (peanut butter cups, kit kats, peanut M&Ms, 100 grand bars), but I likely won't have any.

I'm hoping the bad weather doesn't prevent the kids from coming, as I love handing out candy.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

Are you Canadian? I love those, but have only had them when we've been in Canada. I'll usually stock up and bring a bunch home after a visit up north.

Yep, Canadian. You guys got ketchup chips and the best girl guide cookies, and we got Coffee Crisp and Kinder Surprise. XD

When I lived near the border, before the world collectively lost its mind, I'd sometimes pop across into the US for junk food.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    We don't get trick or treaters in my neighborhood, so I don't buy candy. My boys are 9 and 7 and we go to the Trunk or Treat at our local soccer fields. I'm not a huge candy fan, but my youngest picks out anything with peanuts and gives them to me since he's allergic. I'll eat the Reeces...and maybe a snickers, but that's pretty much it.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,223 Member
    Options
    I prefer toys. They last longer. This year we're giving out slime kits. (I typically only get about 20 trick-or-treaters, and I know most of them by name.)

Slime kit? Is that a trick or a treat? Sounds very....messy. What does it do?
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,476 Member
    Options
    We typically have 100-150 kids come by our house. Just finished snowing and wind chill 15-20 degrees. Have 12-15 pounds of candy. It's going to work.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

Oh, my neighbor's daughter had lots of fun with that last year!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    We get very few kids but this year weather is so bad we’re not handing out treats. I will take them to my office for the staff but I’ll be sure to sample some first to make sure they’re safe lol