Eatting all my calories but still starving all the time?

Options
Hi my name is Lori. i started on this site in july and i have given myself 1500 calories a day. I am fairly active a work exercise not always faithfully. and keep busy wheni get home.I dont understand how i can eat all day and still be hungry? Anyone have any suggestions for me/

Replies

• ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Cant see your diary but you may want to increase your protein. That helps me stay full
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yep protein helps me too!!!
  • dwpeavey
    Options
    Try eating not only more protein, but more fiber and make sure to drink water too.
  • rikisue206
    rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What does your water intake look like? Maybe you want to increase it.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    more water, more protein, more veggies.
  • FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options
    a lot of water! Brush your teeth when you feel hungry, that gives you that yucky taste and helps curb your appetite. :)
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Definitely fiber and protein. I was having the hardest time with constantly wanting to eat-- then I realized my protein intake was always way too low. Not much of a meat eater so I bought some veggie burgers and protein bars (I've found the special K to be pretty decent tasting and price competitive), as well as Kashi go lean cereal. This cereal is packed with both protein and fiber. I eat a bowl of cereal and I'm not hungry for about 4 hours after, which is when I eat lunch, where I have a piece of fruit and a fiber bar. When I ate a bowl of cheerios in the morning, I was hungry an hour or two later. It all has to do with the glycemic index of the food.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    lots of water and healthy fats, nuts and etc., chicken and more chicken :)
  • NurseLocke
    NurseLocke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can eat 900+ calories and that's just at breakfast. Try smaller, lighter meals. Eliminate fast food (if you eat it now) and don't eat anything you can buy at a gas station! Eliminate pop, if you drink it (Drink COFFEE -not cappaciano- in it's place!) You can drink a good majority of calories that way! =) There are reduced-calorie options for whole wheat bread, pasta, etc. Try some of those! Water, fiber and protein need to be your besties if you're starving after 1500 calories!
  • NurseLocke
    NurseLocke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You should make your Food Diary PUBLIC so we can see where you are going wrong. =)
  • tafoyagl
    Options
    Hi! Are you eating enough protein? Take a look at what you are eating, look up items that are filling. That works for me and I never miss my proteins they are the most important.

Good Luck!!!
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    I agree with the others here. I used to eat my "ration" then watch the clock for two hours until I could eat again! It might also just be habit...you just miss putting something in your mouth. I chew gum sometimes to keep my mouth busy :)
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if this will help but, I have been feeling hungry in the evening. So when I went to the grocery the other day, I purchased a box of Kellogg's Special K Meal Bars and they have 10g of protein. So I added one to my food diary as a p.m. snack to see if eating them would help curb my hunger at night. Maybe if you had a high protein snack in the evening, it might help curb your hunger. So far, it's working for me. Hope this helps!
  • Loria34
    Loria34 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you for all your advice. I will try and figure out how to post my food diary. It will be embarrassing i am sure but it is the only way i will get honest feed back so i thank you again for your help.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you do seem to eat a lot of processed food, and takeaway. and yesterday you had bread with every meal. maybe look at changing some of your meals for more meat & veg for protein & fiber
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Lots more fruits and veggies. Lots of water. Eat more frequently...snacks. Also have a good balance at your meals of good carbs, protein and healthy fats.
  • Loria34
    Options
    I will try eatting more protien and more frequently through out the day.i eat a lot of processed food cause i am always rushed and feel it is the quickest way to eat on the run. I am a little fussy and dont like a lot of vegtables, i know this is something i need to over come. i find it hard cause my boyfriend is really fussy too about the food he will eat and a son who i can make eat anything, i like to cook or buy(fast foood) stuff everyone will eat instead of cooking two seperate meals. Lazyness i guess. i know there are families out there that are a lot busier than me. do you have any suggestions on how to stay organize when it comes to meals and stay healthy?
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If busy and pressed for time why not cook (on day off) enough for more than one meal and freeze the rest or use a crockpot. This way you can heat up leftover in no time and enjoy great and healthier meals. Add a frozen veggie as a side item and possibly a salad.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well if you are still hungry, it could be that you are not eating enough. Next, fast food will kill you. It's loaded with sodium which increase water retention which prevents weight loss. It's the reason why people are so overweight in general. Also, you shoudl push to make the whole family healthy. If you make it a priority to eat healthy and cook, then it will fit in yoru schedule. Whats more inportant to you, that is really the questions. Keep in mind, all these processed foods are not good for you son either. Don't let your son get to the spot where most of us are right now. Just my suggestion.. i would also add sodium to your food diary so you can see how awful things are.
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Apparently foods that help you to be more sensitive to Leptin will help you to regain the sensation of fullness. Some suggest eating more of the mineral zinc, which regulates leptin: dairy, lima beans, beef, oysters and wheat germ. They also suggest eating protein for breakfast, fiber rich foods - especially leafy greens, and fish - lots of fish. I've also heard foods that are high in omega-3's - flax seeds, salmon, walnuts, etc.

Here, this article explains Leptin's role in weight loss better than I can.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/253657-leptin-rich-foods/