um I kind of splurged on shopping trip

Options
2»

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Have you gals seen Confessions of a Shopaholic yet? I went and saw it last weekend and it is hilarious. Isla Fisher is so dang cute and every female in the theater was laughing at things we can all relate to.
  • beagle595
    Options
    Try Cheer Color Guard or Tide has a new one out... Keeps clothes from fading. Love the stuff! Waiting until summer... closer to my goal. Congratulations to everyone... great feeling every size dropped! :drinker:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    HI

GOOD FOR YOU!
    I'M sort of a cheapo when it comes to clothes...I had to buy a new wardrobe after loosing 30 pounds but I don't think I spent more than $30 on anything
    I've always wondered if designer jeans were worth it..you'll have to let us know!
    As far as washing jeans I never put them in the dryer...they do get a little stiff after line drying but I usually iron them quickly (don't make fun) and they soften up after you put them on and wear them a bit

Enjoy and great job!
    Kim
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Omg don't get me started with shoe shopping! That is my weakness. I have my own closet full of shoes. :blushing: That way my hubby can't count them lol. He teases me about my shoe obsession all the time, but I love shoes and can't help it. :smooched:
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Oh girl.. Juicy Couture..

sounds like a fabulous idea. I might steal it.

Gotta love it. :tongue:
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    Anyone here suffer from the shoe and bag addiction as well?????:wink: Couldn't splurge while my kids were young....but, since I have been 35 I have treated myself to a new bag or special pair of shoes somewhat regularly. Sad to admit, that such material things really do put a spring in your step and a smile on your face. Now, I do shop at many discount outlets (Gabriel Bros is one of my favs) during the year to save up - but they sell all kinds of designer brands at a fraction of the price....I got a pair of Seven of all Mankind jeans for $39.99 and an Ed Hardy duffel bag for $40. They sell ALL Nike sneakers for $25.99 even the Shocks!! Anyway, I keep thinking that I will "outgrow" my shoe/bag fetish, but it is still strong as ever!!! lol Last pair of "special shoes" were from Bebe and they are just to die for!!!
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yeah, agree with everyone here. No dryer for those 7's. Anything with spandex will definitely break down from the heat of the dryer if you keep putting them in there after awhile.

Now you have me all convinced that I need to go get a cool pair of goal jeans. For all you with short inseams out there, JBrand is a good brand for you! Curvier? Paige Premiums. Straighter hips? True Religions and William Rast. Long, long legs? Rock and Republics. Basics? Hudson, 7 for All Mankind.

Well, I truly love clothes, but those designer jeans can be unfriendly to those of us who have a little bit thicker legs too. :sad:

Buckle has good jeans too, but I think they might be a bit too distressed and trendy for me. Except maybe those Big Stars :smile:

Designer jeans are worth it if you're at your goal weight and size...you can definitely tell the difference in fabric quality, seams, and cut.

If you can't bring yourself to spend money on those $$$ jeans, JCPenney carries a line called Vigoss in their juniors department that look just as good as the designers but are usually on sale for 40 or less. Oh yeah, they have Chip+Pepper jeans too, which are equally awesome.

M
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    HI

GOOD FOR YOU!
    I'M sort of a cheapo when it comes to clothes...I had to buy a new wardrobe after loosing 30 pounds but I don't think I spent more than $30 on anything
    I've always wondered if designer jeans were worth it..you'll have to let us know!
    As far as washing jeans I never put them in the dryer...they do get a little stiff after line drying but I usually iron them quickly (don't make fun) and they soften up after you put them on and wear them a bit

Enjoy and great job!
    Kim

I'm the same way...my limit for jeans is $30 because I always end up in my workout gear by 11am and I don't really care about dressing up once I've worked out and I'm all sweaty! Plus nothing designer ever fits me because of my quads, so I go for the looser, relaxed type stuff.

When I buy clothes, I'll spend some money on workout stuff, because I pretty much live in it. I love what a good tank top does for my shoulders.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Seven jeans too!! :blushing: I couldn't resist and they are cute!! :laugh:

I found them for a bargain at Marshall's though! :wink:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Ok I have never had a pair of "designer" jeans, do you guys put them in the dryer or no?
    these are 97% cotton, 3 % spandex.
    And thank you all, you are making me feel so much better about getting them :wink:

Holy cow! don't even put them in the dryer or the washer!! :sad: , DRY CLEAN THEM..lol, I am queen of designer jeans, paid over 350.00 once for a pair in Venice, crazy stupid, but I love my jeans and my louboutins! if they are a dark wash denim, dry clean them, it's really the only way, if you think that's over the top, then take your chances on delicate cycle or hand wash, you can always use a package of denim dye to get em back to the original colour!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    My weakness ?

Vera Bradley bags......Must stay away from any store that carries them...it is rediculious how many I have....and the wallet must match the bag....LOL
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I love shoppin woohoo-- Good for you splurging on yourself
    If you can afford it go for it-

atleast you didnt splurge on food
  • AmyLou9903
    Options
    What a great idea! I would love to own a pair of hot designer jeans. I'm so taking your idea. As soon as I can, I'm splurging! Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!