For women only!

Options

Replies

• kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself during that time lol.
  • SweetHoliday
    Options
    LOL awesome! You ladies are great! I'm assuming TOM means Time Of The Month?
  • AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes and I hate that so much, wonder what can be done to stop the with gain
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Omg, you gain weight on your period? Every month? That would totally freak me out.

:love:
  • luckiest05
    Options
    I hate that extra gain! UGH! I definitely go to the gym & work harder because I usually get achy during TOM, and I don't want to get lazy & miss my workouts.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    after 20 or so years of it i hadnt figured that out yet,i finally figured out about 3 months ago why i was bleeding everymonth
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Just depends on the individual. . . but that seems to be the overall concensus.:smile:
  • emptysh0ebox
    Options
    isn't it annoying? I don't weigh myself but I can feel it
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am the Lightest the day before my period THEN gain 2-3lbs the next day. It seems to take it's time to leave again. Arggg grrr. I started MFP a few days ago and I am hoping that when I am eating healthy and less and also exercising that my weight won't change at TOM. I will let you know in 3.5 weeks :)
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Does it seriously take 2 pages to say..YES..SMH

We are women..since puberty..we bleed, we bloat, we cramp, we gain a couple..then it all goes away and we get over it.

This is nothing new...
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many guys clicked on this then read it and went AHHHH MAN!!!
    LOL

But yes - it happens to the best of us. I gained 5lbs this time and dropped it in 2 days once Auntie Flow left.

lol guilty
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Does it seriously take 2 pages to say..YES..SMH

We are women..since puberty..we bleed, we bloat, we cramp, we gain a couple..then it all goes away and we get over it.

This is nothing new...

I would guess since it is a question that is asked so often that not everybody goes through the bloat cramp phase, I never have felt bloated and have never had cramps...it was not until the Feb of this year that I realized that happened because I noticed it on the scale. I feel bad for you that you go through feeling bloating and cramping...that has to make the rest of suck that much more!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yep! Especially when I continue exercising hard thru that time. :-)
  • tuacsmm
    tuacsmm Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, I normally gain an extra 2 or 3 lbs, then I lose it right after the flow has ceased! (i.e. I crave the salt like crazy before and during, but not after)
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    really?????????????????????????????

:grumble: :huh:
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yup. I usually gain 2-3 lbs before my monthly...water retention and craving to eat (doesn't matter what it is..just to eat).
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ THIS!!!!!!!!!! I just blogged about it! Very interesting conclusion!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kapeluza
  • SweetHoliday
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ THIS!!!!!!!!!! I just blogged about it! Very interesting conclusion!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kapeluza

That was funny!!! I was just talking to my friend about this subject today and how much we hate our Auntie lol. I loved your blog, thanks for sharing :D
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    :noway: Yuppers, we call it TOM

Um, no. I call it my Super Hero week. way cooler.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yup. This is the case for me. It's water retention. I go up 3-5 pounds right before AF hits, and then lose it (plus that weeks fat loss) the day after AF is gone.

God bless!