Advice on routine

Options
I only use dumbbells and Barbell bar. Any advice on routines I can do with them would be great help. As I'm starting as a novice any help/info would be much appreciated

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I can't link on my phone, but if you look in the Most Helpful Posts thread pinned to the top of this sub forum, there is a thread called Which Lifting Program is Right for me? There are several beginner programs linked in there :smile:
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    What do you want to do primarily? You really can't go wrong with Strong Curves but look around and match your goals with the program.
  • MellowMonster93
    MellowMonster93 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I can't link on my phone, but if you look in the Most Helpful Posts thread pinned to the top of this sub forum, there is a thread called Which Lifting Program is Right for me? There are several beginner programs linked in there :smile:

Thank you for aiming me in the right direction much appreciated
  • MellowMonster93
    Options
    What do you want to do primarily? You really can't go wrong with Strong Curves but look around and match your goals with the program.

Just feel I'm limited to curls. My main objective is triceps and biceps and shoulders
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I find that you don't really need to bother much with specific bicep exercises. If you do some bench pressing, shoulder raises and presses, and maybe a few skull crushers your biceps come along just nicely!
  • MellowMonster93
    Options
    I find that you don't really need to bother much with specific bicep exercises. If you do some bench pressing, shoulder raises and presses, and maybe a few skull crushers your biceps come along just nicely!

Thank you for the information will definitely give it a go
  • 84creative
    84creative Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What are your goals, strength or aesthetics? I work out from home with Dumbbells and a Barbbell, I don’t have a bench either :-)