Over 50, struggling and looking for motivation pals

Options
Hi. . . I'm not new to MFP but I'm looking for friends over 50 who can share motivation and encouragement with me. I've struggled with yo-yo dieting my whole life but I don't want to give up. And you shouldn't give up either! :) I would love to help you on your journey too.

Replies

• valerieval
    valerieval Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am also over 50 and struggled with eating less. We have a very sociable life lots of eating out and wine. I have also come to the conclusion I am greedy with food ? I am looking at ways of tackling this, I don’t like seeing my middle age gathered around my waistline, also I feel tired carrying around extra weight.
  • eloycotton
    eloycotton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m so thrilled to find other 50-somethings like myself on here. After a lifetime of never needed to diet it’s been scary watching my body just change it all up in a short amount of time. It’s left me with zero knowledge on where to begin . But, so it begins . First of all learning to watch carbs has been an eye opener. Those sneaky little devils are hiding in places I wasn’t aware. Counting calories I know but carbs, well, I’m learning
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi! I turned 50 earlier this year and have used MFP in the past but have now got the app on my phone. Doc suggested I grow to be 6 feet 3 inches or lose 70 pounds. Growing is not working but I have lost 22 pounds. Logging food and exercise is the key as well as weighing everything. If you want a UK based friend to help with motivation then give me a shout. We can encourage each other! 😁💪🏼
  • Iamtheoracle
    Iamtheoracle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m 62 and the biggest I have ever been. I used to be able to diet pretty well but struggling now. I am hoping that logging what I eat, exercising do, and notes on how I feel will help. Heart disease runs strongly in my family and I have no doubt I am on the road they were on, not sure how to stop it. Vegan plant-based, keto? Info not very clear on this subject. I know one cardiologist at National Jewish health in Denver, co who says he has seen his patients health improve with a strict vegan diet. Maybe that is the way to go.
  • ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yup, I hear you and understand the struggles. I'm 56 and have been dealing with binge eating/yo-yo dieting for decades so I'd be happy to support and be supported!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Find a good challenge group on here! It could make all the difference, and doesn't feel like the SAME OLD struggles, when you have a team doing it with you. Good luck!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    If you haven't found it yet, there is a GROUP FOR OVER FIFTY here on MFP!