SAHMU 60 Day Challenge * Week 6* (closed Group)

Options

Replies

• SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You're a rockstar, Karie and you will be great!! :) Looking forward to seeing what everyone has done tomorrow :+)
  • tigertown11
    Options
    The orange team has been very special to me. There has been a lot of work put into this challenge. I am not holding up my end of the deal and will be needing to try a different challenge for September.
    I thank all of you, and will continue to watch your progress.
    I will give you my points at the end of today and the weight loss for the week. But I hope to remain friends will everyone! This isn't about a challenge, it's about a lifestyle, so I need to move to one I can be more faithful too.

thanks MFP friends!!
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    WEEK 7 Challenge:

(Karie, please add a week 7 section to the calorie spreadsheet. I'm not familiar with google docs and I'm scared I'll screw it up. lol!)
    Nutritional Challenge:

Calcium – meet or exceed your calcium goal every day. Worth 1 point

Strength Challenge:

Build muscle tone in your arms as well as bone strength to help prevent osteoporosis

http://www.besthealthmag.ca/get-healthy/fitness/8-arm-exercises-for-women

Complete full workout (all 8 exercises, 3 x a week, with one day’s rest in between workouts) each workout = 1 point for a maximum of 3 points.

Added bonus, keep this as part of your routine to see some serious definition within 4-6 weeks!!

Cardio Challenge:

Burn Baby Burn! Cardio this week is all about stairs, stairs, stairs! Did you know that jogging up and down stairs for 5 minutes burns approx 130 calories? Add some stairs into your normal routine. 5 minutes x 3 days this week (do it on your rest days from the strength challenge!) each workout = 1 point for a maximum of 3 points.

(If stairs are too high impact substitute another exercise that burns a similar amount that is outside your regular routine. I just like stairs because it's such a fast way to burn a decent chunk of calories)

Calorie Challenge:

Set your goal in the spreadsheet created by Karie don’t just meet it, exceed it! If you’re up for a challenge, increase your goal by 5% from last week. Remember something as simple as running those stairs will significantly boost your calories for the week = 1 available point

Emotional Challenge:

We’ve all been working hard for weeks. We’ve all lost weight. And hopefully, we all feel empowered by our demonstrated self control, we feel connected to our fellow SAHMUers and we feel optimistic about the future. But at the same time, I’m willing to bet we all have moment’s where we feel like giving up. Why? Because this is HARD!!! So this week’s challenge is to write yourself a note. Something short and sweet that you can keep in your wallet, or stick to your mirror, something you can pull out to remind yourself of how far you’ve come. Think of that girl you were before starting your weight loss journey. Think about how much better you feel now and give yourself a freaking compliment! Cuz you deserve it!!! Worth 1 point.

Commitment Challenge:

Log on to MFP every day! Check in on the calorie burn spreadsheet daily once you have completed your workouts. Keep on track of your points and report in daily to show all your fellow teammates how committed you are to your team (not to mention making it easier on your captain to add up the final tally)! Post an encouraging note on the main thread or your team thread everyday! Report daily 7 days a week to earn 1 available point.

Total Available Points: Max 10

Nutrition – 1 point

Strength – 3 points

Cardio – 3 points

Calorie – 1 point

Emotional – 1 point

Commitment – 1 point
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    The orange team has been very special to me. There has been a lot of work put into this challenge. I am not holding up my end of the deal and will be needing to try a different challenge for September.
    I thank all of you, and will continue to watch your progress.
    I will give you my points at the end of today and the weight loss for the week. But I hope to remain friends will everyone! This isn't about a challenge, it's about a lifestyle, so I need to move to one I can be more faithful too.

thanks MFP friends!!

Will miss you Becky! You are always such a positive presence and very inspiring. Keep in touch!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You're a rockstar, Karie and you will be great!! :) Looking forward to seeing what everyone has done tomorrow :+)

Thank You!! I am excited about tomorrow too!

Becky- Good luck with everything you do! We will miss you! Keep in touch with us.

Lynda- Thank you for all the work you put in to our awesome challenge this week!!! I am super excited about it!

Ladies,
    I am finally back from my long work trip! I am happy to say I workout everyday I was gone even with work, in the past I would of found an excuse to not work out but now I crave it and my day is so much better after I work out. I hope you all had a great week!

Karie
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Under fat and supermans complete! Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow everyone! You've all done fantastic this week!
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hey, so I have a question. I changed my goal mid-week, after I got my HRM and discovered that burning 5500 cals in the week would KILL me. I still made my goal a challenge for me, but not something that would completely do me in. I did reach it, and even overachieved a little, but it's not up 5% from last week.. Do I still get the point for this one?
    And, as I got my HRM mid-week, and there's no way I'll be able to up what I did last week ( or maybe even meet it.. ). If I still set my goal as something that will challenge me, and meet that, will that work for then? I'm just trying to get this all figured out..

Thanks a bunch!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hey, so I have a question. I changed my goal mid-week, after I got my HRM and discovered that burning 5500 cals in the week would KILL me. I still made my goal a challenge for me, but not something that would completely do me in. I did reach it, and even overachieved a little, but it's not up 5% from last week.. Do I still get the point for this one?
    And, as I got my HRM mid-week, and there's no way I'll be able to up what I did last week ( or maybe even meet it.. ). If I still set my goal as something that will challenge me, and meet that, will that work for then? I'm just trying to get this all figured out..

Thanks a bunch!

Yes, Yes and Yes. As long as you challenge yourself and input your calories, you get the point you deserve! Great job this week.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh Ins:

Starting: 244.8
    Starting SAHMU: 233.8
    Week 5: 221.8
    Week 6: 219.4
    Weekly +/- : -2.4 lbs :bigsmile:
    Total +/- : -25.4lbs! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Finally I am out of the 220's for good! I am so happy I didn't gain any weight on my work trip, eating out for every meal made it harder but I did pretty well. I just tried to skip the bread and extras.
    I hope you all have a great day!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    Starting: 261
    Starting SAHMU: 241
    Week 6: 229-9
    Weekly +/- : -.7bs
    Total +/- : -31.1lbs!
    Goal: I guess technically I met last week's goal since all IWa tned to do was get out of the 230s. So techincally I've squeaked out a win here, but it hardly feels that way. I honestly thought I would've lost more because I workedout HARD this week. Sigh... I did however get a lot of comments on how my body has changed so I guess this week was less about the number on the scale and more about the loss in inches.

Tomorrow morning is my date with the tape measure. I haven't taken measurements yet because when I started 3 months ago I was too scared to see how big I was. But I know there has been significant cahnge and I want to start tracking it. I think it will be especially beneficial when I have moments like this where I do not lose as much weight as I hoped. So I'm gonna start monthly measurements.

My goal for this week is to stay motivated, workout daily and watch portion size. Measure, measure, measure! I'm determiend to put some distance between me and the 230s :happy:

In other news: today is my 3 month anniversary of changing my lifestyle. With 31 lbs lost I am so proud of myself! I feel better, I look better and I honestly feel like I am a becoming a better version of myself. Thank you to each and every one of you for being my friend and keeping me motivated! :flowerforyou:
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Morning!!!
    I was not really ready for my Wed weigh-in, but did it anyway:

Starting MFP Weight : 152
    Starting SAHMU Weight : 134
    Week 1 Weight : 134
    Week 2 Weight : 131
    Week 3 Weight: 131
    Week 4 Weight: 130
    Week 5 Weight: 130
    Week 6 Weight: 130 :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :noway: :frown: :cry: :sad: For cryin' out loud!! I'm bustin' my *kitten* here!
    Change : 0
    Goal Weight : 127 (still maybe???)

No change, Again!! I am so frustrated, good thing it's too early for a tequila! Aghhhhhhh!!!!!! Okay, I taken my measurements tomorrow morning, maybe I'll see a change there, I really hope so, I only have 3 stinking pounds to my goal, and I just can't seem to reach it. I was thinking about going back into the introduction phase of SBD to try to lose them, but rethought that, I don't want to do anything that I won't maintain in the long run to keep it off. I keep my carbs on the lower side as a rule, but not 20grams low!! Maybe next time I get on the scale I'll see a change?
  • circusmom
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh Ins:

Starting: 244.8
    Starting SAHMU: 233.8
    Week 5: 221.8
    Week 6: 219.4
    Weekly +/- : -2.4 lbs :bigsmile:
    Total +/- : -25.4lbs! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Finally I am out of the 220's for good! I am so happy I didn't gain any weight on my work trip, eating out for every meal made it harder but I did pretty well. I just tried to skip the bread and extras.
    I hope you all have a great day!

Yeah!!! (jumping for joy):bigsmile: Congrats!!!!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Here's my weigh in:
    Starting MFP Weight 177 (My heighest weight was 223 when starting in my journey in September, 2010)
    Starting SAHMU Weight 141
    Week 1 Weight 141
    Week 2 Weight 138
    Week 3 Weight 138
    Week 4 Weight 137
    Week 5 Weight 135
    Week 6 Weight 135

No loss again :(

I completed all challenges this week for a total of 16 points.
  • circusmom
    Options
    Starting: 261
    Starting SAHMU: 241
    Week 6: 229-9
    Weekly +/- : -.7bs
    Total +/- : -31.1lbs!
    Goal: I guess technically I met last week's goal since all IWa tned to do was get out of the 230s. So techincally I've squeaked out a win here, but it hardly feels that way. I honestly thought I would've lost more because I workedout HARD this week. Sigh... I did however get a lot of comments on how my body has changed so I guess this week was less about the number on the scale and more about the loss in inches.

Tomorrow morning is my date with the tape measure. I haven't taken measurements yet because when I started 3 months ago I was too scared to see how big I was. But I know there has been significant cahnge and I want to start tracking it. I think it will be especially beneficial when I have moments like this where I do not lose as much weight as I hoped. So I'm gonna start monthly measurements.

My goal for this week is to stay motivated, workout daily and watch portion size. Measure, measure, measure! I'm determiend to put some distance between me and the 230s :happy:

In other news: today is my 3 month anniversary of changing my lifestyle. With 31 lbs lost I am so proud of myself! I feel better, I look better and I honestly feel like I am a becoming a better version of myself. Thank you to each and every one of you for being my friend and keeping me motivated! :flowerforyou:

31lbs is so GREAT!! (fits pumps, and thumbs up)! Congrats!!!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My progress so far:
    Starting MFP Weight: 286.5
    Starting SAHMU (7/20): 283
    Week 1 Weight (7/27): 280.2
    Week 2 Weight (8/3): 279.2
    Week 3 Weight (8/10): 276.6
    Week 4 Weight (8/17): 276
    Week 5 Weight (8/24): 277
    Week 6 Weight (8/31): 273.6
    Weekly loss: 3.4
    SAHMU Total Loss: 9.4

A HUGE victory this week! I had no loss and even a gain for three weeks, so this weeks loss is so exciting!!!!!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Orange Team has a group total of 72 points!!!
    Weight loss was 9.1 lbs!
  • losinit_4_good
    Options
    My progress so far:
    Starting MFP Weight: 286.5
    Starting SAHMU (7/20): 283
    Week 1 Weight (7/27): 280.2
    Week 2 Weight (8/3): 279.2
    Week 3 Weight (8/10): 276.6
    Week 4 Weight (8/17): 276
    Week 5 Weight (8/24): 277
    Week 6 Weight (8/31): 273.6
    Weekly loss: 3.4
    SAHMU Total Loss: 9.4

A HUGE victory this week! I had no loss and even a gain for three weeks, so this weeks loss is so exciting!!!!!

That's amazing! Congrats!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

Lost 1.4 lbs this week and thats all..My 160s are gone forever..yippee... Didnt expect to lose any weight this week...lol
  • linake11
    linake11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ok girls, got a lot on my little brain lately.
    Since, I believe it was Augutst 2009, my family has been struggling, with a choice that my brother, who lives in Florida made, that changed all our lives forever. At the time, he was 40 years old. He has a young son who is now 4, and has a rocky marriage to his wife.
    My parents got a phone call from him at about 3:00 in the morning, stating that he had been arrested. He had gotten behind the wheel of his car at about 1 am, after getting in a fight with his wife, and had gone drinking. He struck the back of a truck that was parked on the side of the road while entering an on ramp. There were 3 people in the truck. The driver who was only 22 at the time, was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle killing him instantly. My brother was arrested for DUI Manslaughter.
    After learning of this incident from my parents, I became very depressed and extremely upset at him. When I was 18, my best friend was killed by an imparied driver. Now to have this happen in my family is all to much for me to deal with.
    Since 2009, my brother has lost his job due to extreme depression and harrassment from other co-workers. He lost his home, and his wife and son.
    He had his trial in May of this year, in which he was found guilty of DUI manslaughter. He was then arrested again and now had to wait for his sentencing. Well yesterday he had his sentencing hearing, and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
    I'm extremely overwhelmed at all that has happened these past 2 years.
    In no way am I justifying anything that he did.
    What he did was wrong. I know it, my family knows it, and he knows it.
    We can only imagine what the other family is going through, and have extreme sympathy for them with all of our being, and wished none of it had ever happened. It's all a TERRIBLE nightmare that none of us can wake up from.
    Words cannot express the pain we feel for them.
    My brother's trial has been on the news in his hometown, and my family is just devastated at everything that has unfolded from all of this. We hurt so badly for both sides. To lose a family member is extremely painful. Having a family member who took that life away is indescribable. Having to live with the consequences of what happened has broken our family into shattered little pieces that I don't think we will ever be able to put back together.
    My heart is broken.
    I'm devastated, embarassed, and ashamed he was so careless.
    He took something that can never be replaced.
    Our family strongly believes that he had to be punished just as if it were anyone else.
    Thank you for letting me talk about this.
    My heart is broken for both families.
  • circusmom
    Options
    Ok girls, got a lot on my little brain lately.
    Since, I believe it was Augutst 2009, my family has been struggling, with a choice that my brother, who lives in Florida made, that changed all our lives forever. At the time, he was 40 years old. He has a young son who is now 4, and has a rocky marriage to his wife.
    My parents got a phone call from him at about 3:00 in the morning, stating that he had been arrested. He had gotten behind the wheel of his car at about 1 am, after getting in a fight with his wife, and had gone drinking. He struck the back of a truck that was parked on the side of the road while entering an on ramp. There were 3 people in the truck. The driver who was only 22 at the time, was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle killing him instantly. My brother was arrested for DUI Manslaughter.
    After learning of this incident from my parents, I became very depressed and extremely upset at him. When I was 18, my best friend was killed by an imparied driver. Now to have this happen in my family is all to much for me to deal with.
    Since 2009, my brother has lost his job due to extreme depression and harrassment from other co-workers. He lost his home, and his wife and son.
    He had his trial in May of this year, in which he was found guilty of DUI manslaughter. He was then arrested again and now had to wait for his sentencing. Well yesterday he had his sentencing hearing, and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
    I'm extremely overwhelmed at all that has happened these past 2 years.
    In no way am I justifying anything that he did.
    What he did was wrong. I know it, my family knows it, and he knows it.
    We can only imagine what the other family is going through, and have extreme sympathy for them with all of our being, and wished none of it had ever happened. It's all a TERRIBLE nightmare that none of us can wake up from.
    Words cannot express the pain we feel for them.
    My brother's trial has been on the news in his hometown, and my family is just devastated at everything that has unfolded from all of this. We hurt so badly for both sides. To lose a family member is extremely painful. Having a family member who took that life away is indescribable. Having to live with the consequences of what happened has broken our family into shattered little pieces that I don't think we will ever be able to put back together.
    My heart is broken.
    I'm devastated, embarassed, and ashamed he was so careless.
    He took something that can never be replaced.
    Our family strongly believes that he had to be punished just as if it were anyone else.
    Thank you for letting me talk about this.
    My heart is broken for both families.

Have you spoken to the other family? Healing needs to happen for both families, and maybe they need to hear this from you as much as you need to say it.
    Although, I can't say I understand what you are going thru, I can relate to having to deal with a family members actions that cause damage to others, it's not easy. I'm so sorry that you and your family are going thru such a horrible thing, and although I don't pray, my thoughts will be with you and your family, and the other family, that you my all find your way through this.