knee and leg pain

Options
Now that I have been running alot more and doing zumba, my knees are beginning to hurt to thepoint that I can't move it. My legs are sore all the time, I literally begin exercising with pain in my legs and knees already.

Replies

• tmontgomery69
    Options
    Stretching, yoga, and ice your knees. I had the VERY same problem and that's what I've been doing. Also cut back on the amount/intensity of your workouts for a little while until your knees feel better.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I can't do those kind of high impact exercised because it hurts my knees. I do the ellipitical and ride a bike, running is out of the question.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need a few days off to recover.
  • brittbarnes
    Options
    Are you giving yourself a day in between workouts? Maybe this would help. I didn't have knee pain, but when I would run I would always heel strike and it would cause me terrible leg pain and foot pain. I changed the way I ran according to some blogs I visited and it helped a lot.

I also have very flat feet and before I wore orthotics my knees and back would be in terrible pain. Just some thoughts, I would consider seeing a chiro to see if you are out of whack in your back and if they have any suggestions or if you have flat feet.

Good luck!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    Are you giving yourself a day in between workouts? Maybe this would help. I didn't have knee pain, but when I would run I would always heel strike and it would cause me terrible leg pain and foot pain. I changed the way I ran according to some blogs I visited and it helped a lot.

I also have very flat feet and before I wore orthotics my knees and back would be in terrible pain. Just some thoughts, I would consider seeing a chiro to see if you are out of whack in your back and if they have any suggestions or if you have flat feet.

Good luck!

I actually do have flat feet. Thanks for the suggestions I will try it.