Meal-prep sunday, fuel for next week!

Options
2ee8101vhng5.jpeg
Chili, broccoli, turkey breast, chick-peas...
what’s your menu for next week?

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Yes, I meal prep for the week on Sundays too. This week (and most weeks, really) is a green salad, chili, roasted Rotel chicken, chicken tacos, and Mac n cheese, and frozen veggies added to the evening meal. Next week it might be a beef roast or pork roast instead of chicken, but it doesn’t vary too much.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I tend to stretch it out a bit and do carb prep on Saturday and protein on Sunday... My dryer is on the same circuit as my oven and I can't run them both at the same time, so I have to pace myself between washing workout clothes and prepping food. :D
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    That looks great. My meal prep is just ensuring I go shopping for the essentials...eggs, yogurt, lean meat, fruit, etc.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options
    Looks great! When I had to commute to work, on Sundays I'd often make 4 chicken, potato, and broccoli meals, and 4 Thai Tandoori Chicken, rice, and peas meals. On Fridays I'd get takeout for lunch and save half for dinner.

I also made hard boiled eggs for snacks and kept carrots and cheese or hummus in the frig at work, and nuts in my desk.

These days I work from home. Now that it's colder, I'll prep something and thrown it in the slow cooker at lunch time and it will be ready for dinner.
  • MACMcGuire77
    MACMcGuire77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs; naked (no salt, roast, etc.) nuts from farmer's mkt; HUGE fruit salad; cheese manicotti w/beef/sausage red sauce (from scratch); spiral squash w/red sauce; baked chicken w/7 grain rice; butter lettuce/spring mix salad, tomatoes, carrots, scallions, walnuts w/baked chicken, Italian dressing.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I made a kale-based masala curry with sweet potato, green beans, tomato, and chicken. It made 3 servings, so I'll have to make something else with the rest of the kale.
  • whisker1984
    whisker1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bolognese with spaghetti squash, black beans & taco meat with salad fixings, and snack boxes with dehydrated bananas, pistachios, rice cakes, roasted chickpeas, and almonds to keep the munchies away!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I don't meal prep but I do plan what meals I'm going to cook for the week for grocery shopping purposes. This week includes yassa chicken with fonio, chana masala, dal, and maybe carrot soup. I also have some leftovers from late last week to finish eating.