Need help from a dietitian or health coach!

Options
Is there a distortion on here that can help me answer some questions and figure out some macrons? I’m about to call it quits here soon because I’m so confused.

Replies

• psandieson1974
    psandieson1974 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    :s
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Just go with what mfp tells you. It's pretty straight forward. I like to focus on getting my veggies and protein, then can add some treats/snacks that still fit in my calories. Play around with your food logging and see what works for you.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    The MFP default macros are fine to start with.

This article has info, and if you want more, do ask your doctor for a referral to a dietitian (not a nutritionist) https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/ask-the-dietitian-whats-the-best-carb-protein-and-fat-breakdown-for-weight-loss/
  • 84creative
    84creative Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I’ve never been able to fit my food into my macros so I just focus on calories and protein, if I need more protein I drink a shake and I aim for 0.8g of protein per lb of lean body mass while weight training.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Same here - my diet is pretty healthy, so I just concentrate on calories.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Is there a distortion on here that can help me answer some questions and figure out some macrons? I’m about to call it quits here soon because I’m so confused.

Not on here but lots of people out there you can hire, allot on here are self proclaimed experts when they're not ... and just use their own experience as creditable scientific evidence for being successful. This is the type of person you actually don't want advice from at all ..cause they know everything... yet nothing at the same time. (You will hear I lost 100lbs so I know what I am talking about ... ugh ... no you don't)

I always recommend Cody at https://boomboomperformance.com/ I have 0 affiliation with them, hes been in the industry forever and has a podcast you can listen to for real information. When you pay for something also you're more likely to follow it.

When you ask for opinions the typical person is just looking to have theirs validated (the one asking the questions) work with a professional it's the only way to go if you can afford it.

If not then research like crazy