Swat Walking Group - August - New Members welcome!

Options
12346»

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,261 Member
    Options
    Well today was beautiful out so I rode my bike to my staff inservice day up at the Activity Center at the Regional Park 1.5 miles from my house. I rode about 3 miles to the center then 4 miles to my school and then back home. We also walked at lunch so I got in about 90 minutes of exercise today. Nice workout for my legs...

For September I'm going to continue with minutes of exercise as my goal. I will be playing volley ball on Monday evenings, taking a step aerobics and strength training class on Wednesdays and also want to fit in hot yoga and walking. That ought to do it!

Jenny
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I had a great vacation, we really enjoyed Myrtle Beach and we timed it just right with hurricane Irene. I was really, really horrible on my vacation as far as eating goes.:sad: I'm terrible and once I start I can't seem to control myself. Now that I"m home I'm doing better with the eating but haven't been able to get back on the exercise track. I'm trying to get my mind geared up for September. I need to go back to the basics. Log everything I eat, regular workouts and no more excuses.

My husband will be going out of town again for the second half of the month so I should be able to really work it hard. I know it's a couple of days early but everyone start thinking about their September goals because I'm in again if you all are.
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    Good evening!

I didn't get to walk this weekend, but that's ok, I worked different muscles by weeding my flowers and it only took me 7 hours to get rid of all those pesky weeds. What was I thinking when I decided to plant flowers all around my house. Oh yeah I was 12 years younger. I'm feeling it my hips & legs today. I'm going to say it was a good workout and that I'm not getting older. I didn't wear my HRM so I don't know how many calories I burned. It's now relaxing to sit on my porch and look at something other than weeds. :smile:

Sandy I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Myrtle Beach and I have no doubt that you will get back on track. You're determined!

Jenny it sounds like you have a variety of activities to do. You shouldn't get bored. Keep up the good work! I've checked around here to see if we had hot yoga and it has not came to my neck of the woods yet, but I have people thinking now.

I'm going to set my next month goal to 60 miles like AZ Chatter and AZ I have faith that you will make your goal.

Everyone have a great evening!

Ann
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Leslie Sansone Fans.

I was browsing Amazon and noticed two new Leslie Sansone walks that are to be released October 4 (available for preorder):

Leslie Sansone: 5 Really Big Miles
    YOU CAN WALK ANYWHERE from one to five miles and firm up your midsection with fitness expert Leslie Sansone's WALK SLIM 5 REALLY BIG MILES DVD. ''The small area in front of your television or computer, and a pair of comfortable walking shoes, is all you will need to start walking one to five miles at home. There is no fancy equipment or complicated steps, just pop in a workout video and follow me for a slimmer, trimmer body'' says Sansone, who leads you on total-body conditioning walks, but also uses specific cueing that zeroes in on your middle muscles during and after each walking routine. Safe for all ages and fitness levels, her at-home workouts are world famous. So, lace up your walking shoes and get started!

Leslie Sansone: Burn Body Fat
    Walk your way to a stonger, slimmer, leaner body with this dynamic 1, 2 and 3 Mile Total Body Slimming System! Leslie brings you a high-intensity workout that will challenge every major muscle group in your body right in your own home. Burn calories! Build muscle! Boost energy!

I was looking for another five mile walk to add to my rotation and I've also been looking to strengthen and tone, so I'm hoping these two become new favorites.

Tonight, I did the 3 Fast Miles from the Walk Slim series. I just got it a few weeks ago, but used it for the first time tonight. It was a good burn -- quick pace (no boosts!) and I worked up quite the sweat.

Three more miles to go... For September, I'm planning to take the challenge she mentioned at the end of this tape... Use it for seven days in a row. Like I said in a previous post, I've been using the five mile walks to make up for days of not walking, so I'm going to try a goal of at least once in the 30 days of September to walk for seven days in a row with this three mile burn (she also challenges in the intro to use the 4 Fast Miles for ten days in a row --- I think I need to work up to that one!

exercise.png
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm still here, just not online as much.
    I lost track of my minutes so I did away with the tracker--I kept forgetting to update it. I am still walking and I have just this week added a daily challenge that is posted here my another MFP member. It's a way to mix things up.

I have today off and am going to be working in the front yard--lots of weeding (they seem to be growing just fine!) and I need to start digging up my irises as they need to be divided.

Thinking about my September goals. Be back later!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,261 Member
    Options
    Hot yoga 60 minutes! Walked to and from the store at lunch to get something to eat...

Jenny
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think this is the first time I've reached my miles (or logged it on the thread) before the last day of the month (albeit with one day to spare!).

So, I had three miles to go, but have a hair appointment after work tomorrow, so probably won't have a chance to walk. That gave me the motivation to finish those last three miles tonight.

Good luck, Everyone, and see you in September!

exercise.png
  • suzanneec
    suzanneec Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started MFP 2.5 weeks ago and I would love to join you for September. What is the best way to keep up with the group? I have not joined a group or a challenge yet.

I'm a 38 y.o. mom and I work full-time. My kids will be 4 and 6 this fall. Walking during my lunch break is my best exercise option right now and I'd love to give and receive some support!
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    well I made 1/2 my goal. going to keep it at 50 until i get there!!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Hello all, 62 minutes Monday Power Walk and Latin Core.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I really can't believe August is over already. Where does the time go?

Big congratulations Jenny, AZ and everyone else that made their goals, you've done an awesome job. I really admire your dedication! :flowerforyou:

We all can be proud that we made it through the month. Sometimes it's not easy resisting the temptation to quit. I appreciate having such a supportive group of friends to keep me going. I hope I can do better in September.

Suzanne, we'd love to have you join us. Just follow the link below to the new September thread and post your goals or just say hello and that will put the new thread under "My Topics" on your profile.

Alice, thats a great new picture, I keep forgetting to mention it.
    Kathy, I lost track of my ticker time too and Leslie you still beat me, I didn't even make half my goal this month. :noway:

Here's the new thread for September! Hope to see you all there!

Maybe we should all take turns starting the new thread? We need some new thoughts & ideas to shake things up a bit! :laugh: Anyone want to volunteer for October?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332139-swat-walking-group-september-new-members-welcome?page=1#posts-4450579