2 whole lbs after 2.5 weeks of kicking my own *kitten*!

After a month of nothing. I stepped up my workouts to 6 times a week. Introduced yoga and added a step level in aerobics (I'm up to 3 risers). In addition to eating salads every day for dinner and a larger lunch. And I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 2 whole lbs!

It took 2.5 weeks to get 2 lbs off...bummer. But yeah! I've been working my *kitten* off so I'm glad I'm getting some results.

Replies

• shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    After a month of nothing. I stepped up my workouts to 6 times a week. Introduced yoga and added a step level in aerobics (I'm up to 3 risers). In addition to eating salads every day for dinner and a larger lunch. And I stepped on the scale this morning and was down 2 whole lbs!

It took 2.5 weeks to get 2 lbs off...bummer. But yeah! I've been working my *kitten* off so I'm glad I'm getting some results.
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    I know its a bummer but, remember success is not always on the scale. Think about the fact that your cardiovascular health is improved, your body is more toned, your stamina is better for other activities, and ultimately your since of accomplishment. All benefits the scale doesn't measure. Keep up the good work!!!!!:happy:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    I'm not sure what's up but I've had the 2-pound phenomenon several times, too. I weigh myself every day and it's always the same but then one morning (about every 2 weeks!) it just goes ker-CHUNK and I'm down 2 pounds.

Oh well, it's frustrating for a while but I love it when it works!
  • The best motivation to keep going come from the scale, keep going, you can do it!:wink:
  • Personally for me it takes about 6 weeks of hard work to notice anything. Your hard work will pay off!
  • MrsDreamer1974
    MrsDreamer1974 Posts: 91 Member
    Well I have been on Weight Watchers and megga exercising for 2 months now and I have lost a wopping 32 lbs. And I feel GREAT. Who knew I would ever love waling over a mile every day.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Better to LOSE then GAIN ya?! And...I'm sure you feel GREAT with such awesome workouts!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member

Congrats on the weight loss 2.5 is great!! I only suggest one thing I noticed you said you had a large lunch..Im not sure if this pertains to you or not but if you are having a high in sodium lunch it may be hindering you a bit. Just something to look into...keep pushing and wtg!!:drinker:
  • yay for you! go girl
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    :flowerforyou: i think that is GREAT! that is 2.5 pounds you will never have to see again. besides, all that working out you ae bound to be loosing body fat and inches. i lost 7 inches in 34 days and 3 pounds - but it was 3 pounds of body fat!

FANTASTIC JOB!
  • That is awesome progress! You stuck with your diet and are one step closer to your goals.
    That's what this is all about. :smile: Congrats and keep up the good work!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    congrats and keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!