Should I Wii?

Options
Hey, I need your input. I was considering buying the Wii fit, with the board but and I was wondering if you guys like it or I should not waste my hard earned mula??
Advise ,please.:glasses:

Replies

• marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hey, I need your input. I was considering buying the Wii fit, with the board but and I was wondering if you guys like it or I should not waste my hard earned mula??
  • anbnan
    Options
    the wii fit is an excellent work out.
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE IT!!! The Wii Fit program has a nice weight tracker because the system can weigh you and it tracks it on a nice graph for you. It also keeps track of your time spent exercising each day. There is yoga, strength training, aerobics and balance training. You will need an HRM to figure out calories burned though. Good luck and have fun. it is addicting. My favorite part is I can do the step program or run while I am watching tv.
  • marisol7649
    Options
    How can you run while watching tv? :drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Im definately gonna get one...I was a Nanny and the kids had one my gawd i was so pooped when I got finished its a great investment...
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit is awesome, it truly is a workout and fun for the whole family! My 6 yr old loves it! We run together!!
  • sukey
    sukey Posts: 25
    Options
    The actual Wii exercise program and the trackers, etc. are nice and fun, but I find the whole thing takes twice as long as the actual exercise-because you have to go to the menu and go through all these stages and set-up before you actually do what they want. Then you get a very short little exercise and you have to see how you did and compare it to everyone else on your board, then if you are not repeating the same exercise it's back again. It frustrates me. It would be better to get the feedback in a much quicker way or just a big report at the end. I like to just DO it once I get started.
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I love my Wii. But it's lost a bit of its sparkle. If you know you'll stick with it, I'd say go for it.
  • bluebell81
    Options
    Hi! I don't have a Wii Fit but I have a good friend who does and she said it's a great workout, especially the hula hoop part. She said she doesn't think it's that tiring for cardio, but it involves core muscles. Hope this helps.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I love mine!! Just got it a week ago!! I'm also looking forward to getting the Wii Fitness Coach (which does not require the balance board) & a new EA game that's coming out in May looks really great too!!

I really only use it for an additional workout! I still do my hard treadmill routine & step classes & dvd's. But,I figure that it's better than sitting in front of the tv on my butt all night!
  • flcaoh
    Options
    I love mine!! Just got it a week ago!! I'm also looking forward to getting the Wii Fitness Coach (which does not require the balance board) & a new EA game that's coming out in May looks really great too!!

I really only use it for an additional workout! I still do my hard treadmill routine & step classes & dvd's. But,I figure that it's better than sitting in front of the tv on my butt all night!

I was really excited about getting Wii Fitness Coach too but I checked out some of the reviews and they weren't so great due to performance issues. Just a heads up :)
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options

I was really excited about getting Wii Fitness Coach too but I checked out some of the reviews and they weren't so great due to performance issues. Just a heads up :)

Hmmm... really?? There's a lady on another thread that uses hers religiously & loves it!! I will take your heads up though!! Thank you!! ... oh yeah, I have to ask.. is that a Rottie?? I have 2 Rottie girls! Love em!! Best dogs ever!!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    How can you run while watching tv? :drinker:

You just switch the TV input over, and hold the Wii remote so that it logs your steps. The Wii remote also " speaks" and encourages you while you run. It's a very cool feature! I love our Wii Fit!!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options

That's weird, I hadn't heard that. My hubby just bought it for me because the reviews for it seemed to be great. I hadn't heard valid negative info...
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    get it it's so much fun it started me on this journey and I'm still using it
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    we thought about it this past december but opted not to buy it. seemed like so much of it keeps your body in limited positions. and there are all the accessories. and batteries and chargers. for us, with 3 kids, it seemed like too much extra stuff w/o enough payoff.
    good idea--google wii fit reviews and get a wide range of feedback (+ and -)
  • coliechacer
    Options
    i love mine but only used it the first 2 weeks i never have time for it
  • flcaoh
    Options

Hmmm... really?? There's a lady on another thread that uses hers religiously & loves it!! I will take your heads up though!! Thank you!! ... oh yeah, I have to ask.. is that a Rottie?? I have 2 Rottie girls! Love em!! Best dogs ever!!

I love Rotts too! But nope, he's a lab/black and tan coonhound mix. Everyone thinks he's rot or dobie though :)
  • marisol7649
    Options
    That is cool!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    You should Wii... I just did about 30 minutes of Wii fit and I am sweaty and tired!

I'm going to try and do it more often.... I think that boxing is my fav.:bigsmile: