Big weight loss without exercise is possible!

lgs7c5cue6dc.jpeg

The left I was around 200lbs (not my biggest RECORDED which was 215lbs) on the right I weigh 128lbs. I lost over 70lbs just in this last year with no exercise after being struck with a condition called Transverse Myletis and losing feeling in my legs, I’m mostly recovered now but excessive exercise can lead to a numb sensation in my legs so I have to be careful.

I see a lot of questions about not wanting to exercise for whatever your personal circumstances are (insecurity, illness, fear) and I hope this can inspire and show you it’s possible 💪🏻

Replies

• grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited November 2019
    Inspiration, indeed! :)

Thank your for posting this as, yeah, there does seem to be a dearth of success stories on here concerning such - ;). Especially so for those with physically invisible/silent reasons behind taking this route. However, research findings published concerning weight loss are just as much on the side of people who choose diet alone as those who choose the exercise or diet + exercise routes. Exercise is great, and sure it can provide many benefits/advantages, but it is not a requisite to being successful. At all.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Wow, good for you! How long did it take? Did you follow any specific plan or just CICO?
  • ljevans97
    ljevans97 Posts: 18 Member
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Wow, good for you! How long did it take? Did you follow any specific plan or just CICO?

So out of the 6stone I lost I lost 5 over this past year. I didn’t follow a specific plan although I would set myself challenges and tried keto at one point which helped me lose around 30lbs!
  • earlone1
    earlone1 Posts: 29 Member
    Wow you look amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!