4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited November 2019
    Options
    kickboxing and mounted archery

I actually have real plans to get into mounted archery after the new year
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Swimming for exercise. I know how to keep myself from drowning, but I am a very ugly swimmer. I rarely do it because I feel so ridiculous when everyone else looks so smooth and I look like I am just trying to survive

I can’t freestyle at all. I dog paddle, float, and generally look like a beginner, but go to the pool 6 times a week. Come swim with me! You’ll look good compared to me!

I started trying to swim for fitness but wanted to burn a lot of calories so I purposely put more effort in than needed and a regular swimmer started giving me tips because I look like I am struggling bad, and I am. It made me super self conscious that all the normal swimmers are like 'WTF is this chick even trying to do??' 😂
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I'm considering my first spartan race next spring. A couple of the trainers at the gym asked if I would join their team. I'm flattered but concerned that I'm not conditioned well enough for a spartan.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I would like to take a pole dancing class. Sounds Fun! And if my current career doesn't pan out I have something to fall back onto. LOL
  • dagee2
    dagee2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    gewel321 wrote: »
    I would like to take a pole dancing class. Sounds Fun! And if my current career doesn't pan out I have something to fall back onto. LOL

Always good to have a fall back plan. Haha.

For my new, probably going to be getting a new vehicle in 2020.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds weird but,
    I’ve always wanted to learn how to weld. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

Me too! I'm presently keeping my eyes open for a cheap/used MIG welder to learn on.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Ballroom dancing.
    Piano.
    Guitar.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options

Friend quit her job, yes I said her, went to welding school, got a job at 7-11 working evening, nights to support herself while in school. She is now a welder by profession and very happy about it. I met her at a dance class.

Whatever makes you happy!

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I would like to learn a 4th language.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options

Me too! I'm presently keeping my eyes open for a cheap/used MIG welder to learn on.

Great! 🙂
    I think it’s a very useful talent to have for multiple reasons.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Swimming for exercise. I know how to keep myself from drowning, but I am a very ugly swimmer. I rarely do it because I feel so ridiculous when everyone else looks so smooth and I look like I am just trying to survive

I can’t freestyle at all. I dog paddle, float, and generally look like a beginner, but go to the pool 6 times a week. Come swim with me! You’ll look good compared to me!

I started trying to swim for fitness but wanted to burn a lot of calories so I purposely put more effort in than needed and a regular swimmer started giving me tips because I look like I am struggling bad, and I am. It made me super self conscious that all the normal swimmers are like 'WTF is this chick even trying to do??' 😂

I took a swim aerobics class where one lady stood out doing her own thing. Turns out she was a lifeguard for years. Our stuff was too elementary for her. But that’s not how it looked. Lol.

• LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    actually to be honest - stand up comedy

Do it! Growth happens when you step out of your comfort zone
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    d4v06vdw07h7.jpeg
    Don’t be afraid to try and fail folks
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I would like to get manicures now and then, but I don't like the fuss of salons very well. I used to go to the cheapo nail spots where they basically bring you in and start sticking on fake nails and grinding away immediately. I guess for me it's the higher end salon or spa atmosphere that I don't wait. I don't even mind the prices so much but the pretension gets me. DIY it is.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    actually to be honest - stand up comedy

100%
    You should try it out here!!
    It's a great mix of people
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I would like to get manicures now and then, but I don't like the fuss of salons very well. I used to go to the cheapo nail spots where they basically bring you in and start sticking on fake nails and grinding away immediately. I guess for me it's the higher end salon or spa atmosphere that I don't wait. I don't even mind the prices so much but the pretension gets me. DIY it is.

I do my own, mainly b/c I'm cootie phobic and got grossed out at one. They took the tools they used on me and threw them back into the basket they got them out of.

But I hear you, last 2 months Ive been considering it, but hearing from my friends who get gel nails every month, they don't "manicure them" just paint them
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    • I want to try bullet journals to see if it gets my artistic flow back. But Instagram makes it look silly and pretentious.
    • I think I would like to make and document an entire outfit from scratch (buying materials, making it), right down to shoes and accessories.
    • I would like to learn video editing. No real reason, just wanna.
    • Maybe a new knitting/crochet technique?