6 years ago I PROMISED myself I’d get to a healthier weight...

Options
2»

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    great job you look amazing but you post this same post like 4x a year lol

Right, should for sure be monthly at this stage.
    great job you look amazing but you post this same post like 4x a year lol

But OP has every right to celebrate her success right? Keep on posting runs with bees. You look fab

<3<3<3
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    I love RunswithBees photos and threads. What a wonderfully positive and inspirational woman you are. Thank you.
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    I love RunswithBees photos and threads. What a wonderfully positive and inspirational woman you are. Thank you.

<3<3<3
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    This thread is a prime example that what motivates one person isn't always the same as what motivates the next person. Maintenance is hard for many, so if that celebration of extended maintenance helps, and works for any given person, then by all means they should do it. And I think that any success story with follow ups of continued success at goals helps those that doubt their own ability to do it.

So, now that I'm already here I have one question.

Where did @RunsWithBees come from? Are the bees chasing you on your barefoot runs through the hills, or do they just try to keep up? Did you have a falling out with your favorite band?
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Wow this is the first time i have seen her post and I'm here daily. She is incredible. Maintenance is hard. So keep posting. I never get tired of stories like this
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    For me, maintenance is way harder than losing. And you're right. Nobody is saying, "Hey, keep up the same thing" once they get used to your new size and activity level. Worse, some people have the balls to say that it's "easier" because "you're so active!" Hmmm...

I love your posts, RWB. I love that you run barefoot. My oldest runs barefoot, but I doubt I could. As a fellow trail runner, your running photos are super fun to see. Keep posting here. You have a following! :heart:
  • TurboCharged4Life
    Options
    So inspiring! Way to go!
  • Danicus10
    Danicus10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    truly amazing and inspiring and now i will take this and go work even harder today at the iron paradise!
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    Wow this is the first time i have seen her post and I'm here daily. She is incredible. Maintenance is hard. So keep posting. I never get tired of stories like this

Thanks! You are right, maintenance is not easy but well worth the effort! <3:)
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    For me, maintenance is way harder than losing. And you're right. Nobody is saying, "Hey, keep up the same thing" once they get used to your new size and activity level. Worse, some people have the balls to say that it's "easier" because "you're so active!" Hmmm...

I love your posts, RWB. I love that you run barefoot. My oldest runs barefoot, but I doubt I could. As a fellow trail runner, your running photos are super fun to see. Keep posting here. You have a following! :heart:

Thanks! I run barefoot because to me it just feels natural and fun, I love being out on the trails and enjoy sharing my pictures. I think in a way the pix also serve as a reminder for myself when I’m not feeling my best or having a moment of self-doubt I can look back, remember that day and have proof that I actually did accomplish something and am capable of doing it again and it re-inspires me to keep challenging myself <3:)
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    So inspiring! Way to go!
    Danicus10 wrote: »
    truly amazing and inspiring and now i will take this and go work even harder today at the iron paradise!

Thanks guys! <3 You inspire me just as much! :):) Enjoy your workout!
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Well put! Good for you!
  • brad121
    brad121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!! :)
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    This thread is a prime example that what motivates one person isn't always the same as what motivates the next person. Maintenance is hard for many, so if that celebration of extended maintenance helps, and works for any given person, then by all means they should do it. And I think that any success story with follow ups of continued success at goals helps those that doubt their own ability to do it.

So, now that I'm already here I have one question.

Where did @RunsWithBees come from? Are the bees chasing you on your barefoot runs through the hills, or do they just try to keep up? Did you have a falling out with your favorite band?

Runs With Bees is my “trail name” my son gave it to me after I ran down a very narrow trail lined with wildflowers and unavoidably disturbed the bees feeding on them as I brushed the plants when I ran past and they flew up all around me but I stayed calm and kept my running pace and made it through without getting stung once. :# He had run down an adjacent path and watched this, when we met up again at the bottom of the hill he exclaimed “Mom! Your new name is Runs With Bees!”

And no falling out, The Monkees are still my favorite B)<3

Cool inspiration for that trail name. Even cooler that it was your son that saw it and gave you the name.
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love this! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10762986/why-is-so-little-attention-given-to-maintenance/p1 This thread was all about not paying enough attention to maintenance and I think posts like this are the success stories I need to see. :heart: I know I can lose weight, I really want to succeed at maintaining. How often/accurately do you log or take breaks from logging? How often do you weigh yourself?What's your approach to maintenance? Congrats on maintaining 6 years!
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    I love this! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10762986/why-is-so-little-attention-given-to-maintenance/p1 This thread was all about not paying enough attention to maintenance and I think posts like this are the success stories I need to see. :heart: I know I can lose weight, I really want to succeed at maintaining. How often/accurately do you log or take breaks from logging? How often do you weigh yourself?What's your approach to maintenance? Congrats on maintaining 6 years!

That is indeed a great thread! <3

I weigh myself about once a week but usually just go by the fit of my clothes, when things start to get tighter or not fit right I know I gotta reel myself in and eat less/move more. I don’t really log anymore unless I’m specifically trying to lose a set amount. For example I kinda got lazy this summer and just ate all the yummy summer foodz :p I usually give myself a 3 lb threshold until I start to feel the need to lose but I made it up to 5 lbs this time. I gain first in the “spare tire” area and I can feel it in my clothes. So now I’m logging and trying to get in extra walks in addition to my regular running to get back to my ideal weight. I try to keep in mind that promise I made to myself all those years ago... I’m never going back to being obese again and only I can make sure this doesn’t happen! :# that being said, I’m not too hard on myself if I don’t log perfectly because I know I can get this under control, I did it once and I’ll do it again :) also, taking into account a weekly calorie goal instead of just a daily goal makes room for more food on days I’m extra hungry and I can borrow from days I’m less hungry ;)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!