Low carb attempt #2

My boyfriend got me on the low carb diet. Even though I work with in a restaurant and wasn't fully committed, I still lost 4 lbs! But when he fell off the wagon I tumbled shortly after. Now it's time for attempt #2. Wish me luck!

*Please no negative comments. I'm not cutting all carbs, just some. And I'm still eating healthy!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    No negativity here. I just wondered if you’re logging everything into your food diary. Also, is it possible that you and your boyfriend quit because of the carb restrictions?

Good luck with your journey! 🍀
  • Caty_gebbie
    Caty_gebbie Posts: 1 Member
    I am trying to get better at eating more protein and cutting some of the carbs I eat. How did you do it. Fyi I have a nut allergy so it makes it much harder for me to use diet plans.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I am trying to get better at eating more protein and cutting some of the carbs I eat. How did you do it. Fyi I have a nut allergy so it makes it much harder for me to use diet plans.

You do not need a special diet plan. You should be able to to review your food diary and look for calories currently being used by carbs and replace some of them with a higher amount of whatever protein you are eating. Assuming you choose correct and complete MFP entries when you log you would target carbs with higher calories and low to no fiber.
  • Gautron
    Gautron Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I was encouraged by my RPM instructor to include healthy fats more in my diet, generally plant derived. I’m now including avocado and MCT oil in moderation. It has helped me to reduce my processed carbs and I find that I don’t want sugary foods like chocolate everyday. I started just last week and feel content, not deprived. I have had a couple of setbacks with chips and biscuits but not going to let that stop me from continuing. I am also losing some weight, about 11/2 kilo but not concentrating on weight, healthy intake is more important.
  • tburgardt
    tburgardt Posts: 62 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    No negativity here. I just wondered if you’re logging everything into your food diary. Also, is it possible that you and your boyfriend quit because of the carb restrictions?

Good luck with your journey! 🍀

Thank you. I have no self control. Like I said I work in a family restaurant. And desserts are my weakness. We have homemade pies and cookies there daily! I eat cookies just about every other day I work. But on a positive note I have cut soda to almost nothing!
  • tburgardt

Baby steps! I love pasta. So a simple change from noodles to zoodles was easy. I don't like cooked zucchini so I will eat the zoodles raw. I also found a really good cauliflower mash recipe on Pinterest, and I don't even like cauliflower.
  • tburgardt
    Gautron wrote: »
    Hi, I was encouraged by my RPM instructor to include healthy fats more in my diet, generally plant derived. I’m now including avocado and MCT oil in moderation. It has helped me to reduce my processed carbs and I find that I don’t want sugary foods like chocolate everyday. I started just last week and feel content, not deprived. I have had a couple of setbacks with chips and biscuits but not going to let that stop me from continuing. I am also losing some weight, about 11/2 kilo but not concentrating on weight, healthy intake is more important.

I might have to try something like that too. Sweets are hard to get away from for me.