did i handle this properly, is it the end of the world? lol

Options
2»

Replies

• itsanot
    itsanot Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You may find that you don't feel so well after indulging, drink lots of water. My first splurge left me feeling like crap for several hours, I learned my lesson quickly that over doing it isn't always worth it!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    First of all, definitely not the end of the world :smile: I would ask myself if I have "indulged" recently, then I would make sure what ever I ate, I logged. Then I would make sure that if I went over today, I would cut back or exercise more during the rest of the week to keep my weekly average at or below my goal.

Try to not to go crazy and keep your portions within reason and really ask yourself if you are hungry when tempted to reach for that second piece of ice cream cake. I bet you will be just fine! Good luck!:flowerforyou:

I agree! Avoid getting on the scale in the morning b/c it won't look pretty. Drink water tonight to help too.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, and you do have about 1000 calories left for the day. Add in the cake and pasta, and see what it comes to. Depending on your goals, you can be over your calories by 500 calories (if you're set to a 1 lb per week loss), and not do any damage - you're just eating maintenance for the day. I agree with drinking lots of water as well.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I would definitely just enjoy it. Even if your mom won't make healthy concessions, can you provide a salad with low-cal dressing to accompany the pasta? Most people enjoy something cold and light to go with heavy, rich foods.
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Because it can never be said enough, everything in moderation. Maybe you can have a salad with the pasta to balance things out, and just limit yourself to one slice of cake (log everything in your diary if you can, you may see that the damage isn't as bad as you think). As long as you get back on track tomorrow one night of indulging won't hurt you.
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You can't stop living just because you're trying to lose weight. You've done a great job at thinking ahead and preparing for this mini party, so indulge (a little) and enjoy (A LOT!). Have fun, enjoy the night, and tomorrow, get right back on track. No "punishing" yourself for the indulgence, either. You did very well! :)

Blessings on your weight loss efforts and your evening!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I agree that a splurge here and there is fine, but you shouldn't starve yourself the rest of the day just for one splurge meal. Doing that would make me so hungry by the time that meal came that I would binge on it. When I know I'm going to have a splurge meal I eat healthy and low calorie the rest of the day, but like I regularly would, and eat the meal while loading up on veggies to be filling. So like if there's a salad or something to have first (no dressing) I'd eat a ton of it, then a smallish portion of the pasta, and a half of the normal amount of ice cream cake that I would have eaten 6 months ago. You can indulge and still be smart about it.