Switch Ring Fit

Options
emmies_123
emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
Is anyone else planning on getting into the new Switch game with Ring Fit?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ring-fit-adventure-switch/

The first few trailers I saw looked really silly and I wasn't sure how I felt about this. But I saw a more in depth gameplay trailer yesterday and the exercises look legit, and looks like it has more replay-ability than WiiFit did.

Replies

• americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I got it 3 days ago and so far I really like it. Now I'm very out of shape. Not bed bound but the extent of my exercise is walking around the grocery store once a week. But in 3 days I'm feeling soreness from muscles that haven't been used in years. You jog you do presses and squats and lunges. The sensors help with form. So for me it's a win so far.
  • emmies_123
    Options
    My husband surprised me with it after I mentioned interest. I have only been able to play it once as I'm still going to gym regularly and I don't have enough time to do both in a workday.

Definitely loving it so far, and wishing i had more time to incorporate it.
  • jjalbertt
    jjalbertt Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'll be playing it! My brother so far loves the game and has been using it everyday, the workout seem to get harder per world you're in!
  • emmies_123
    Options
    jjalbertt wrote: »
    I'll be playing it! My brother so far loves the game and has been using it everyday, the workout seem to get harder per world you're in!

I have only made it through the first world. I have it set to intense difficulty since I workout most days. Not sure if that changes the number of reps you have to do, or how perfect form has to be to be on fire...

My hubs has been using it and said later on the color code of exercises matter against enemies. So another reason to do everything and not just what you like =)
  • VFXartist
    VFXartist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I picked up a copy November 10th. I enjoy the game, and I play it almost every day. I am currently playing it at difficulty level 15, and longer gaming sessions leave me sore the next day.

Every hour of gameplay yields about a half-hour of exercise for me. I spend the remaining time listening to the story, talking to in-game characters or fiddling with my character's settings. It's not as efficient as a full hour spent on a treadmill, but it's super-fun. The characters are great, the graphics are gorgeous and the music is catchy.
  • leil31
    leil31 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Has anybody lost weight with this
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I’m so going to buy this today. Does it have two player modes. It would be great play with a partner.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I’m so going to buy this today. Does it have two player modes. It would be great play with a partner.

It’s s single player game. But the ring con can be shared so that both of you can take turns and play.
  • Pupnuzz
    Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think this game looks really good and something I'd be Keen to use because I hate exercising where people can see me, but also need that extra bit of motivation. Alas I have yet to be able to afford a switch haha 🤣
  • mommabear4315
    Options

w2jsrua5p6wl.jpeg

I did it. Now I just need the switch to charge. Will post my opinion of it later. Wish me luck!
  • leil31
    Options
    I'm going to do mine tomorrow I will keep ya posted on my progress plz let me know if ur losing in a few weeks...t.y
  • Pupnuzz
    Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
    Options

w2jsrua5p6wl.jpeg

I did it. Now I just need the switch to charge. Will post my opinion of it later. Wish me luck!

Awesome! Did you buy the switch especially for it?
  • mommabear4315
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Pupnuzz wrote: »

w2jsrua5p6wl.jpeg

No my son has all the game systems and now he’s into computers sooo I borrowed it. Lol.

Ok my opinion it’s fun as hell! The mini games are cool and man I must be out of shape since I haven’t worked out in a few weeks that I felt it on novice mode. I haven’t started the adventure because I want to build endurance. The mini games are challenging. It’s totally worth the $80 I dished out. I can’t wait to see how sore I’m going to be tomorrow. I also can’t wait to play it again. mjjmsiwc5d9r.jpeg
  • leil31
    Options
    This is Brilliant lol...deffo loading it up biting the bullet and getting myself to test it ready for Jan the start and then I'm going to have a routine with it...as in making the time for it...keep me posted on your progress
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I hear it’s better than the Wii Fit. Did anyone use that one back in the day?
  • leil31
    Options
    I did and it was brilliant I wasnt sure on this at all but alot of reassurance on it...looking forward to later when i set mine up
  • mommabear4315
    Options
    Pupnuzz wrote: »

w2jsrua5p6wl.jpeg

No my son has all the game systems and now he’s into computers sooo I borrowed it. Lol.

Ok my opinion it’s fun as hell! The mini games are cool and man I must be out of shape since I haven’t worked out in a few weeks that I felt it on novice mode. I haven’t started the adventure because I want to build endurance. The mini games are challenging. It’s totally worth the $80 I dished out. I can’t wait to see how sore I’m going to be tomorrow. I also can’t wait to play it again. mjjmsiwc5d9r.jpeg

I’m sore AF! What the hell was i thinking?!? My arms are on fire and abs, back, legs as well. I think I over did it last night. ya0ytuqvpsdk.gif

• mommabear4315
    Options
    leil31 wrote: »
    I did and it was brilliant I wasnt sure on this at all but alot of reassurance on it...looking forward to later when i set mine up

Awesome maybe we can compete against each other. That would be cool if we did a challenge thread.
  • mommabear4315
    edited December 2019
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    I hear it’s better than the Wii Fit. Did anyone use that one back in the day?

I like it better actually. Maybe bc it has better games 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • leil31
    Options
    leil31 wrote: »

Awesome maybe we can compete against each other. That would be cool if we did a challenge thread.

Yeah cool how you do that on here or can u do it on the switch I'm crap at all this stuff