Any other brides-to-be??

Options
Hi all, I have struggled with my weight my whole life due in large part to my anxiety and depression issues which has resulted in overeating, stress eating, crash dieting, drinking too much alcohol, etc and I am using my wedding as inspiration for making significant, lasting health changes. I have about 18 months to kick my butt in gear and would love some support from others who have shared similar experiences! Feel free to share advice or add me as a friend :)

Height: 5’8
CW: 208
GW: 165

Main current goals are to control my portions, drink more water daily, and walk 30 minutes for 3 days a week.

Replies

• MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congratulations on your engagement and to your decision to focus on self care!

I recently got engaged and also have around 18 months till the wedding! I've also struggled with my weight my whole life and have been trying to slim down for years but having the wedding as a goal is a good motivation for the final push!

I'll add you as a friend. You can do this! Small changes add up to big differences, both mentally and physically.

Good luck! We can support each other on our journeys.

Height: 5ft 4
    SW: 77kg
    CW: 62.5kg
    GW: 55kg
    UGW: 50kg
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    ajdvegan wrote: »
    Hello! Congratulations on your engagement and to your decision to focus on self care!

I recently got engaged and also have around 18 months till the wedding! I've also struggled with my weight my whole life and have been trying to slim down for years but having the wedding as a goal is a good motivation for the final push!

I'll add you as a friend. You can do this! Small changes add up to big differences, both mentally and physically.

Congratulations!
    According to NHS BMI guidelines, you are already well within a healthy weight. 50 kg would put you close to underweight so be careful when aiming for such a low weight.
    Good luck!
  • MamaSunflowers
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    ajdvegan wrote: »

Congratulations!
    According to NHS BMI guidelines, you are already well within a healthy weight. 50 kg would put you close to underweight so be careful when aiming for such a low weight.
    Good luck!

You are right! Thanks for highlighting that! I chose it as a nice round number, but didn't check the charts. I'll aim for my 55kg and assess how I feel and work on recomp rather than further weightloss.
  • Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement, and I wish you a lifetime of happiness!! I also am engaged and will be working on my nutrition and fitness. I have about 10 lbs to lose to reach my goal weight. Our wedding date is September 26, 2020, so I have a little bit of time. Good luck ladies!
  • xtinaluvspink
    xtinaluvspink Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm counting down 73 days until my wedding! Really amping up the weight lifting to speed up fat loss. Also working to consume fewer carbs. Cheers, ladies!
  • MamaSunflowers
    Options
    I'm counting down 73 days until my wedding! Really amping up the weight lifting to speed up fat loss. Also working to consume fewer carbs. Cheers, ladies!

Ooh not long! Good luck and congratulations!