how much water do you drink a day

2»

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I have a 20 oz mug. I fill it with ice and drink about 5 per day, along with a couple of cups of black coffee per day. Occasionally, a Diet Pepsi too. I don’t really track water. I always put 10 cups in my log first thing in the morning, but I always drink more than 10 cups. Along with the water in the foods I consume, I’m always well hydrated and have to use the bathroom about every 2 hours.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    I drink about 1-1.5 gallon per day. Closer to 2 gallons when I workout during the summer (Georgia).
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    As much as I am thirsty for. Not a popular answer, but I’ve never had any kind of problem that indicates I should do otherwise.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    I typically drink 100- 120oz a day of water. Then add coffee or tea to that...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    I tend to underhydrate if I don't pay attention, so I do log it. I shoot for 7-8 cups (i.e., 8-oz US cups) daily of actual water, in addition to coffee, tea, fluids in foods, etc., under average conditions (i.e., more if more exercise, etc.). I don't find it particularly filling, though I gather some people do.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    However much I happen to feel like drinking, when I am thirsty. I don't track it, but I also get liquids in hot teas, copious amounts of coffee, the odd diet soda, and a variety of soups/stews. As long as my urine isn't dark, I'm not concerned by it.