RAWROTONGA Week 1 (Closed Group)

Options
Hello my fellow RAWROTONGAns, I hope you all had marvelous weekends (and Mondays).

I have our exercises for the first week, as well as a couple of rules from Gary that have changed: we are now using our weight % lost instead of our actually # of lbs lost, which makes sense.

"SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
Week One Weekly Team Challenge
Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe. "

The impression I get is that you can use any day of the week as your "day 7", so you don't necessarily have to go in that order. I know I will most likely be keeping Sunday as my day off.

I have made a spreadsheet that I am currently uploading to Google Docs, in order to keep track of our weekly goals. This way, instead of needing to message me all the time, you can just take 2 minutes to fill out the spreadsheet. I will give you an example when it's loaded. You also don't need a gmail account (I don't think), as long as you have the link (which I will attach shortly), you can edit it as you wish. I also think we should use our real names, so that we can get to know each other a little better.

Speaking of that, my name is Cassandre, for those of you who can't remember. It's pronounced exactly the same as Cassandra, but it's French, so you'll have to forgive my parents. I'm 22 years old and I'm starting school on Tuesday for a post-graduate diploma in Magazine and Book Publishing... hoping to eventually become a book editor methinks. My favourite colour is purple, I'm Canadian (from Toronto, Ontario) -- notice the U's at the beginning of the sentence ;) -- and this month my goal is to lose another 10 lbs.

Any information about yourself that you'd like to share with the team would be great! I'd love to get to know you guys better!

Alright, that's a long message, I apologize. I'll keep you updated with the link shortly, as well as a brief explanation of my spreadsheet.

GO RAWROTONGA!

Replies

• CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Here is the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqMQvDR_Lx8ldFFSTXRnUEZsOF9PUkdzclRfUkhnb3c&hl=en_US

It's the easiest way I could think of doing it, but if you'd rather not post you weight to everybody, you can PM me and just put N/A on the spreadsheet. If everyone could pick their own colour for the week, that would be easier to differentiate. I picked purple (shocker). I'm also open to suggestions as to how to make it better, because it might be SLIGHTLY confusing... but it makes sense to me at almost midnight! :)

Let me know if this works for you. As I said, I'm open to other suggestions as well. Gary had suggested this as it is how the captains are going to communicate as well.

Spreading the MFP love! <3
  • libs41223
    libs41223 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm excited! I love the accountability of the challenges and I won't let my team down!
    I'm Libby and I'm 32. I'm married with two kiddos, 10 and 11. I'm from Chicago, IL and live near the Wisconsin border now. I'm a violinist and I play with the Lake Geneva Symphony Orchestra. I love it. There is nothing like letting go of my stress when I play. My goal for this month is 10 pounds. My first mini goal is to be under 200 by my birthday, November 17.

Let's hear more about our team!

Do any of you live around me? One of my goals is to walk around Lake Geneva, WI. It's a 20 mile walk that I hear is just fantastic! I'm looking for a buddy to walk it with me this fall.
  • libs41223
    Options
    We are starting next Monday, right?
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi All my name is Naomi. I am from PA right outside of Philly. I am 26 and I just started grad school last night. My goal is to lose 10lbs for Sept. I know this is a weight loss challenge, but it seems to take forever for me to actually drop weight so my REAL goal is to drop at least one dress size this month. I just finished month one of Insanity with pretty good results, but I am repeating it so I can master all the moved before moving on. AND I have decided to also do Chalean Extreme Push and Leanphase which I just started today. So that being said, I am an exercise machine. It's the diet that kills me. So please feel free to look at my diary whenever you want and if I do bad slap my hand. Lol. I think that's it for now.

Could someone please post the link for the banner? Oh and are we still doing the optional 4 min series that Gary was talking about before as well?
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, My name is Pam I live in CT near waterbury, and I work in Danbury. I am excited for this september challenge. I will be starting really slow because of my recent injury (which is still bothering me, I hate neck injuries). Because of that I have been a bit off track but I have got to get back on and rock september.
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options

I think we actually start tomorrow (Wednesday), but Gary hasn't confirmed yet. I think then you can choose whatever day you want your rest day to be... but I'm not entirely sure yet. TBA.
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Could someone please post the link for the banner? Oh and are we still doing the optional 4 min series that Gary was talking about before as well?

rawr.jpg except the IMG needs to not be in capital letters.

I think you can continue to do the TABATA inspired exercises if you'd like, but it was never anything that actually counted for points. It's a very good warm up, however.
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Okay guys, I missed something. There are actually two challenge options: Bushman (Advanced) and Pygmy. Here they both are. I only noticed one yesterday (duh!) :)

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&amp;playnext=1&amp;list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe

WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Choose which one you like. It doesn't matter for points. :D
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Gwynne (pronounced Gwin due to the Welsh spelling, thanks Mom!) and I live in Kirkland, Washington, just outside of Seattle. I'm 32 and I have a three year old little girl, three dogs, a cat, and a husband who I usually refer to as the Manbeast. I love working out, but with schedule changes and the massive renovation we're doing on the house/yard it's getting a bit interesting. Still, I am highly competitive and promise not to let the team down!

I'm going to shoot for another ten pounds this month. I also think I'm going to go the Bushmen route. Anyone with me?

Let's do this! RAWR!!!
  • nb9251
    Options

I think we actually start tomorrow (Wednesday), but Gary hasn't confirmed yet. I think then you can choose whatever day you want your rest day to be... but I'm not entirely sure yet. TBA.

I think we actually start in Thursday the 1st. Wednesday is a rest day from the August challenge and then we kick it into high gear on Thurs
  • nb9251
    Options
    Hi! I'm Gwynne (pronounced Gwin due to the Welsh spelling, thanks Mom!) and I live in Kirkland, Washington, just outside of Seattle. I'm 32 and I have a three year old little girl, three dogs, a cat, and a husband who I usually refer to as the Manbeast. I love working out, but with schedule changes and the massive renovation we're doing on the house/yard it's getting a bit interesting. Still, I am highly competitive and promise not to let the team down!

I'm going to shoot for another ten pounds this month. I also think I'm going to go the Bushmen route. Anyone with me?

Let's do this! RAWR!!!

I'm gonna try to do the Bushman route throughout the month too. Those globe jumps may just be my downfall though. I think they are a product of Satan's brain. they are pure evil. Lol
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    @Naomi, I think you're right about Thursday. To be confirmed.

@Gwynn, I'm going to try to bushman it too! :D
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Gary has updated us. He forgot it was a short week, and got all confused. We start on THURSDAY. Here are the updated exercises. Also, please check out the Google Document, if you haven't yet, and let me know what you think! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqMQvDR_Lx8ldFFSTXRnUEZsOF9PUkdzclRfUkhnb3c&hl=en_US

WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    I have claimed the colour red on the spreadsheet. I think it looks good... though I may just put an 'x' under the exercises when I complete them instead of typing complete because I'm lazy that way... assuming that's okay.
  • CassandreNoreen
    Options
    I have claimed the colour red on the spreadsheet. I think it looks good... though I may just put an 'x' under the exercises when I complete them instead of typing complete because I'm lazy that way... assuming that's okay.

Xs are fine. I've actually changed the spreadsheet to reflect that. :D
  • hypotrochoid
    Options

I'm gonna try to do the Bushman route throughout the month too. Those globe jumps may just be my downfall though. I think they are a product of Satan's brain. they are pure evil. Lol

I hate them with a passion! But... all the more reason to pwn them, right? ;)
  • libs41223
    Options

I hate them with a passion! But... all the more reason to pwn them, right? ;)

I found out that I literally can't do the globe jumps. I get super dizzy to the point that I can't stand up straight. I think its the changing location while going up and down. This all leads me to believe that I too might have the inner ear problems my Mom has. Ahhh genetics, nothing like them. :)
  • DelightfullyWifed
    Options
    How do I get the Google Doc?
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    HI all. My name is Lorie. I was the Team exercists captain. I am 33 years old, married no kids, one dog and one cat. I live in Almost Heaven WV. :heart: I am an accountant, don't want to be but am so whatever. I drive 2 1/2 hours to get to work and back, plus my 8 hour work day = sitting A LOT. :grumble: I want to shoot for 10 lbs in September. I will probably do the lighter version. It is really hard for me to fit in the challenges, so I will be doing good to get them done, plus I don't want to bring our score down, if I can't get everything done. Good Luck everyone!