Alli

Options
2»

Replies

• mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Atkins does allow more red meat and higher saturated fats than most plans do these days, but it was waaay overplayed in the media. He said eat until you're full, not stuffed. Don't eat processed food. Get your carbs from vegetables and fruits. You can have whole grains when you get closer to your goal. I don't think he ever said go eat 30 cheeseburgers in one day....

I don't personally do Atkins but I think it works. The induction phase was made to be a criminal and everyone thought that was the whole diet...

Plus with the crap most people eat these days, Atkins would be a step up any way you looked at it.:laugh:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I've had few friends go on the atkins, all lost weight, but the minute they tried to add carbs back into their diet , their weight skyrocked right back up and they were worse off than when they started. I'm not a fan. also saw somewhere they said that messing with to few carbs makes your body not process them as it should, that's why the weight comes back so easily. balance is the key.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    pills...drugs in general scare me and I don't use them I use a protein powder but it is a clean powder.

I eat close to Atkins at the higher level.

I do not eat food that comes in a box or has more than 2-3 ingredients listed and I never eat any HFCS and avoid added sugars to anything.

I do not drink juice of any fruit unless I make it myself and the pulp stays.

I do not eat processed flours.

I eat and drink full fat dairy products.

I have lost body fat and have gained muscle mass.

I do not use a scale anymore. The way I feel and look are my benchmarks.

A new "diet" comes along every 15 minutes. Why don't they last? You are right, they do not last because you cannot sustain them for any significant length of time.

I view food as nothing more than fuel so I can move from one place to the next.
    Food is not meant to comfort me. My dog can do that better than any cookie anyway.

People say "don't deprive yourself a treat" or you deserve a treat now and then. Who deserves the sugary treat? Your body doesnt want it. Your tongue is the only place the sugar is sensed. After those few seconds, your body is cussing and swearing at you and working hard to pump insulin that you woudlnt need without the "treat" and wondering why you just did that to yourself.

Someday people will wake up and wonder why they ever ate the junk that they call "treats".
    Drink some water and enjoy yourself.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    What a crack up!
    I started reading this thread because I was curious about Alli,
    but now I'm craving a bacon cheeseburger/no bun!:love:
    :sad:
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just read these posts and am about dying laughing... my girls came downstairs and wanted to know what what I was watching on TV!! Just wondering who in their right mind would buy this product when it comes with a "dark pants" warning... on the up side... could be a good marketing tool.. stock dark pants next to it, should be a good selling combo!!:laugh:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I just read these posts and am about dying laughing... my girls came downstairs and wanted to know what what I was watching on TV!! Just wondering who in their right mind would buy this product when it comes with a "dark pants" warning... on the up side... could be a good marketing tool.. stock dark pants next to it, should be a good selling combo!!:laugh:

I bought the Alli book when it first came out. I decided if I need to pack an extra pair of pants to bring to work in case I poop myself, this was not the thing for me! :laugh:

I agree with songbirdsweet. What about almonds, avocados, olive oil? All healthy things that are fats and therefore would cause side effects - oh, wait, sorry, I think the proponents of Alli call them "treatment effects". Or, more simply put, cause you to mess your pants. :sick:
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    Pegm and All,

Thanks for the laugh. I know that was not the original purpose of this post, but it's hilarious. :laugh:

Let's face it, the only way to get achieve real results is with real work. Lower your calories and exercise your butt off - literally!

On a side note, I know someone who is trying Alli.
    She really is a harpy.
    I think I'll just sit back and watch

*grins evilly*:devil:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Pegm and All,

Thanks for the laugh. I know that was not the original purpose of this post, but it's hilarious. :laugh:

Let's face it, the only way to get achieve real results is with real work. Lower your calories and exercise your butt off - literally!

On a side note, I know someone who is trying Alli.
    She really is a harpy.
    I think I'll just sit back and watch

*grins evilly*:devil:

Oh, yes, do take note of what color pants she wears. And if she manages to stay in the same ones all day. :laugh: :laugh: :devil: :laugh:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    And of course - report back to us!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    i'm with Georg...now I want a cheese burger for breakfast....I tthink this is the first time I've ever read a chat thread anywhere that talked so much about "crapping your pants".... :laugh:

i'm all for using diet and exercise as my drugs of choice.