Hello Team Sleevers

Options
I'm new to the page and I;m hoping that this app helps me avoid the sleeve. Having some accountability such as this site is new to me but I am feeling really inspired. I haven't started excercising as much as I should but hey, I'm a social worker. I come home exhausted. So I'm looking for positive people who want to support each other at whatever turns this journey takes. Looking forward to meeting you guys and avoiding this surgery. LET'S GO TEAM SLEEVEEEE ERS?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. You can absolutely do this without surgery.

You may find some insights in the "Most Helpful Posts" on the Getting Started section, here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

...especially this one:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Just use the same strategies on yourself that you suggest to your clients. Put the oxygen mask on yourself first, as they say.

:flowerforyou:

• deanvm
    deanvm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can offer encouragement to assist in your endeavor. I'm not sure what a sleever is, but it doesn't sound enjoyable. I'm avoiding statins for unusually high HDL. I've chosen a cardiac care clinic and a team consisting of a dietitian, exercise physiologist and cardiac MD. I rue the day that I disappoint them by not keeping my end of the bargain, as it may result in another heart attack. Remember to look in the mirror and thank yourself for your efforts at the end of every day.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    @Zbig14u I am also a Social Worker so I get the exhausted every day thing!! I did have a sleeve done 5 year ago. It was the best thing for me. It however did not fix my entire problem with weight. I am using the things that I have learned here to continue working on being as healthy and active as I can to loose the weight (not all but 50 lbs and I never made it to my goal weight) and keep it off. I am an open book if you have any questions.

The surgery is only one tool in my bag. You still have to work every day not to go back!
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    What is a sleever?