Almost 100 Lbs of Weight Loss

ayyrivera
ayyrivera Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2019 in Success Stories
I have been using my fitness pal for a long time, but I was always really bad at updating my weight on it. I would be cognizant of my weight loss, but forgot you could change it on the app (haha). Well I had been telling people I was about 80 pounds down in total, when I decided to go ahead and update my weight for once. I looked at the heaviest weight that I had logged and I was surprised at the number. I didn't remember it being that high.

My heaviest weight was last recorded at almost 230 lbs. I thought I had began my journey around 220 and it didn't sink in until I logged my current weight and saw the little congratulations of my weight loss. I was in shock. It said I had lost a total of 93 pounds.

Which makes sense (I am 134 at the moment), but since I lost the weight slowly and steadily, I don't think it had hit me yet just how much I have lost.

So, that's my little piece of "success", gained mainly through portion size control, calorie counting, and discovering I REALLY love to lift weights.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week and that they also find ways to move their bodies in a way that brings them joy, and continue to eat in ways that sustain and fuel them to live their best lives.

xoxo

Replies

• shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    That is amazing...way to go.
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Congratulations for all your hard work! I would love to see before and after pictures!
  • fleetwood1
    fleetwood1 Posts: 47 Member
    Keep up the good work.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    Great job! And btw, if I could reach out and smack the person who woo’d you, I’d do it.

Or, maybe, being kind, they dozed off with their finger on the screen like I do so often.....
  • meabea
    meabea Posts: 30 Member
    That's so exciting! Thanks for sharing!
  • mahalinr
    mahalinr Posts: 2 Member
    Great Job
    How long did it take for you to reduce 93pounds ?
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    amazing job! feel proud!
  • denametzger3
    denametzger3 Posts: 1 Member
    That's pretty amazing!! What are your protein/carbs/fats percentages set at?
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Good job!! This success is even sweeter as it's just a part of the new you. It's just you pressing on, not stressing over every bite but a new attitude, a new outlook. I'm sooooo happy for you!! 😊
  • dubbleagain
    dubbleagain Posts: 3 Member
    Could you explain to me where and how to update my weight loss?? I am tech challenged😂😂😂. I would greatly appreciate it!!!
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Could you explain to me where and how to update my weight loss?? I am tech challenged😂😂😂. I would greatly appreciate it!!!

If you are using the app there is a + button near the bottom of the screen when you log in. Push that and then press on the bit that pops up and says ‘weight’. You can then put in your new weight. Of course if you look through the whole app pushing on everything you will soon learn how it works and get the best out of it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!