I'm proud and had to share.....

Options
I play kinda competitive soccer (I'm competitive anyway :wink: ) and I thought I would try going for a run/jog last night in hopes to improve my endurance. Turns out I did way better than I thought I would!!!! I am extremely excited and proud (shocked too!) to tell ya'll that I did pretty good and jogged about 5K with very short little walks here and there in between. I'm hardly hurting today too!

I thought 'runners high' was just a myth but it is so true. I never felt so good about exercise in my life! I'm looking forward to trying it again tonight.

Cheers
Charlene :smile:

Replies

• charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I play kinda competitive soccer (I'm competitive anyway :wink: ) and I thought I would try going for a run/jog last night in hopes to improve my endurance. Turns out I did way better than I thought I would!!!! I am extremely excited and proud (shocked too!) to tell ya'll that I did pretty good and jogged about 5K with very short little walks here and there in between. I'm hardly hurting today too!

I thought 'runners high' was just a myth but it is so true. I never felt so good about exercise in my life! I'm looking forward to trying it again tonight.

Cheers
  • crispyjones2003
    Options
    good job, i'm still trying to find the joy in running, glad to know it actually gets better
  • momathome
    Options
    good job!!!!
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    woohoo! way to go!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I love the "runners high" feeling!...Experienced it only once:laugh:but it was GREAT!
    Great job!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • bluestime
    Options
    I'm all for that. Running out in God's country is the best!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. It can be addictive. Good job!
  • its time for change
    Options
    awesome!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!!! Congrats and be very proud!
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support everyone! :flowerforyou:

Its amazing being on here and getting such great support and advice from everyone - its very motivating. Since I have been on here, I find I push myself more with exercise and have good realistic goals set for myself. Its all about the health and not the size 6.

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: