Post a random rant

Options
lizziebeth1028
lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
This is totally unrelated to fitness but I have to let it out somehow and this will save me money on therapy:)))))))

My obnoxious co-worker with whom I share a work station with - she never stops talking! It's like she's on crack she's so hyped up all the time. She has a lot of drama in her life (a lot of which is her own fault)...but being a single mother myself I was sympathetic at first. Little did I know she was going to turn out to be a nut job. Now she thinks we are BFF"S...she's possessive and clingy and gets offended when I'm always making excuses not to do lunch with her (I was hoping she would get the message and find someone else to glob onto). I'm almost 53, my kids are now grown, life is good!! I have made my share of mistakes in the past but I have learned and grown and......well, like I said life is good. I don't need the drama of hearing all about her problems all day long. I have a full life with many people I love in it.

I'm afraid at this point I may need to be really blunt with her and I'm not very good at being assertive.

OH WELL, THAT'S MY GRIPE AND I FEEL BETTER NOW GETTING IT OFF MY CHEST. FEEL FREE TO PUT UP YOUR LATEST GRIPE OR RANT WHATEVER IT MAYBE ON THE BOARD...YOU'LL FEEL BETTER TOO.

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! Did I type this?!? My nextcube neighbor TALKS ALL OF THE TIME! Personal calls ALL day long and it drives me UP the wall, because I hear her ALL day EVERY day. I feel your pain!
  • illy823
    illy823 Posts: 63
    Options
    Omg.. That is classic... Loved it... I needed the laugh at work today... I should start ranting a little bit more.. You kinda feel better after doing it...

PS... How do I put that Ticker thingy on my profile???? (i know im not that tech savy)lmao...

illy
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    OMG!!! Did I type this?!? My nextcube neighbor TALKS ALL OF THE TIME! Personal calls ALL day long and it drives me UP the wall, because I hear her ALL day EVERY day. I feel your pain!

Haha thanks! I feel your pain too! It's good to know other people are in the same boat. I've requested to be moved but our management here is pretty non-existent and apathetic at best.

Earphones and ipod...gets me through the day:))
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    my random rant:
    We still have no power after Irene and we're the only neighborhood around it seems that doesn't!! Right in front of the neighborhood does, but go onto one of the side streets and NOPE still nothing. I feel Amish (not that there's anything wrong with that lifestyle) but it is not for me!!! Showering in the lantern light is getting old. ugh!!

Thanks for the rant space :)
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i think every work place has at least one of these! lol
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    Addition rant that is fitness related -

PEOPLE STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LORD HIDE THE SCALE FOR ABOUT A MONTH - WORK OUT CONSISTENTLY, EAT A HEALTHY DIET WITH IN YOUR CALORIE RANGE AND YOUR BODY WILL CHANGE. STOP STRESSING YOURSELF BY GETTING ON THE SCALE AND FREAKING OUT BECAUSE YOU WEIGH ONE POUND MORE THAN YOU DID THAT MORNING. STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    my random rant:
    We still have no power after Irene and we're the only neighborhood around it seems that doesn't!! Right in front of the neighborhood does, but go onto one of the side streets and NOPE still nothing. I feel Amish (not that there's anything wrong with that lifestyle) but it is not for me!!! Showering in the lantern light is getting old. ugh!!

That is awful, I would be going crazy!! I hope you and yours fared well through the storm! I've been watching the coverage on TV....scary stuff!!!!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    My co-worker (in our small cubicle environment) is the loudest eater ever. I call her the Apple Cruncher. I swear she is louder than a Clydesdale crunching on apple, chips, carrots. Basically anything that makes noise. And she slurps. She will suck and slurp and make so much noise that it is all I can do not to throw my stapler at her.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I have a random rant.
    I have a co-worker who is a manager, but not MY manager. In fact, she has no power over me what-so-ever. She for some reason, really hates me. She told me to just go home one day because I was "useless" "counter-productive" "lazy" and I wasn't doing things the way she wanted me to do them. Of course she has no power to tell me to go home, so my boss was like, uhm, no. Monday I was asking someone who works directly with me if they knew where the backpacks were (I stock shelves) and this b*tch walks by and tells me, "Scan it, you'll find out!" Because clearly I don't know how to do my job. Sigh. I don't know why she hates me so much.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My ex boyfriend is a smooth idiot. He spent all of his time *****ing about how his ex-wife was dating some loser. She cheated on him and she moved in with some lousy party fiend dopehead. He was all in her business... listening to her drama and putting up with her whiney baby stuff. She was being cruel to him and telling him how he wasn't a good father. He believed her B.S. She put that seed of doubt in his mind, he dumped me. ME.... really? I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I have children that love me, working every day on my health and happiness, I'm kind and generous and affectionate, I can cook and I clean my house and take my kids on fun activities, I have a career (not just some ol job), an education and a smile on my face. Now that I'm out of the picture, so is his ex-wife. What a strange coincidence..... Is he really that stupid to think that she didn't have some ulterior motive. Holy freakin crap, how blind do you have to be. Hook-Line-Sinker much? Now, he's all sad and "cant sleep" and "cant eat" and just "doesnt know what it feels like to be happy". You dumped me 6 weeks ago you dumbass.... stop sucking your big toe and MOVE ON! I had to... so do you. No, I dont think we can be friends because you dont treat me with the respect that a friend deserves. You treat me like I'm the problem when I'm obviously not and I'm the enemy when I've done nothing wrong and you're damn well wrong about it all. Get over your sad self and grow the f&@$%*& hell up. Today, you turn 40.... Act Like It for once please!!!!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Comcast called my father yesterday to try to get him to spend more money by giving him a 3 month free trial of Showtime, then charge him $17.99 a month after that. He only watches the Filipino Channel, so it would a complete waste of money. He asked them to talk to me because he didn't understand the terms of the agreement since he isn't all that proficient in English. Assuming that I don't speak English, the customer service representative talked to me slowly (like 1/4 the speed of a stoned person). When I told her that I spoke English just fine, she started telling me that she was going to sign my father up for this and that....I was like NO! She then went back to speaking slowly because apparently I don't understand what she is talking about...that even though I speak English...I must not be comprehending. So...speaking as though I am a moron and using a condesending undertone in her voice was her tactic. My response, "I would rather speak to someone in India, at least they are nice and not rude!"
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker neighbor who (it seemed to me) wouldn't talk unless he had food in his mouth. And, instead of getting up to chat with someone, he would talk loudly across the walkway - but only after taking a bite of his food.

Now I have a couple ladies who LOVE gum (and I chew quite a bit, too) but they sound like 15 y/o girls popping their gum. Drives me insane. Yes, headphones keep me employed and happy. :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options

PEOPLE STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LORD HIDE THE SCALE FOR ABOUT A MONTH - WORK OUT CONSISTENTLY, EAT A HEALTHY DIET WITH IN YOUR CALORIE RANGE AND YOUR BODY WILL CHANGE. STOP STRESSING YOURSELF BY GETTING ON THE SCALE AND FREAKING OUT BECAUSE YOU WEIGH ONE POUND MORE THAN YOU DID THAT MORNING. STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I weigh myself every day :3 but I never get stressed about it. I just like to keep up to know what I weigh each morning :)
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    One of the people on my van pool - who does drive part of the time - is always, always making the whole van WAIT for her to show up.

Seriously, b***h, leave home 5 minutes earlier, like the rest of us!
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options

PS... How do I put that Ticker thingy on my profile???? (i know im not that tech savy)lmao...

illy

I just recently figured this out for myself. I you have already made one then you know where to go to do that. Go there and they have the different code to let you post it places. I forget what the code is called but I thinks its the one on the left that you can post here. Copy that and then where it says signature, click that and paste the code and submit. If you haven't created a ticker yet you do that under the tools tab at the top right of the screen. Sorry if this wasn't very clear. I'm still learning some of the ins and outs of this site myself.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

Actually I weigh myself daily. There is scientific purpose to it. Not everyone goes ape sh^t when they weigh themselves daily.

I wrote a nice little blog about it yesterday too...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kapeluza
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Brief rant.. first of all I'm in a long distance relationship, and he is trying to get here... I'm patient blah blah.

However, I get really mad when I see couples together who constantly fight, or don't appreciate eachother. they have no ideal how lucky they are to be able to spend all that time with eachother. I'm not sure why people stay miserable with eachother, it makes no sense.
    At a wedding last weekend I saw a few couples that looked more like they were at a funeral. It made me sad.
    Life's too short.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    my random rant:

I like that you still find the ability to get on the net, though :p
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Brief rant.. first of all I'm in a long distance relationship, and he is trying to get here... I'm patient blah blah.

However, I get really mad when I see couples together who constantly fight, or don't appreciate eachother. they have no ideal how lucky they are to be able to spend all that time with eachother. I'm not sure why people stay miserable with eachother, it makes no sense.
    At a wedding last weekend I saw a few couples that looked more like they were at a funeral. It made me sad.
    Life's too short.

I hear ya! My husband was away from home for 2 years due to the military. Now that he is finally home, I appreciate him so much! I also tell me I love him several times a day!
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I weigh myself every day :3 but I never get stressed about it. I just like to keep up to know what I weigh each morning :)

I am an every day weigher too (as is my friend) and we have talked about this before. It is bad if you fret and stress about every little gain but we don't and to the contrary we get excited ever time we drop even just a little. Its motivation for us. I have made it my routine that I don't eat anything till I weigh in the morning and don't eat anything else after I submit my food at the end of the day, which helps me cut out most of those little in between snacks.