Road To 2020

Options
igutt
igutt Posts: 97 Member
So this is almost like a diary up to 2020
It’s hard to start something in the new year and stick with it so let’s roll into 2020 with some momentum

This is for everyone so write down your goals in the comments and update us every once in a while or everyday

My goal: reach 85 kilos or lower (last time I checked I was 90) my scale stopped working so I’ll buy a scale right before 2020

Challenge starts November 17th but you can join whenever you want

So who’s with me?

Replies

• robinlynnettec
    robinlynnettec Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Count me in please
  • robinlynnettec
    robinlynnettec Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    10/21/19 Start weight: 255
    11/15/19: 246
    1st goal: 235 by Christmas
    2nd goal: 200 by Valentine's
    3rd goal: 175 by 4th of July
    Goal dates I feel are pretty reasonable
    As long as I stick to my plan every day but the holiday it's self. And continue to work out 3 to 4 days a week for 1.5 to 2 hours.
  • mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    11/16/19: 216.8
    1st goal 212.8 by 12/1
    2nd goal 208.8 by 12/16
    3rd goal 204.8 by 1/1/20
    Ultimate goal: 140
    Highest weight 227
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    As the year draws to a close, the most realistic goals for me in 2020 (which in March will see me enter into my "Medicare" years) is continuation...not stopping, but refining everything I have been doing. 2018 and before was awash with poor, painful gait and mobility with related depressions and countless failed attempts at diet and fitness. 2018 ended with a decision that I'd FINALLY had enough of all that and 2019 began with action; hip replacement surgeries January and April and the subsequent recovery and PT rehab from each. By summertime, I was walking without cane or walker normally for the first time in years! This has allowed me to focus on exercise, diet, general fitness and being happier than I have been able to in a very long time! In a life that has had few, 2019 has been a watershed year! I can't think of a better goal than the desire to NEVER see myself again where I was a year ago. To keep it real losing almost 40 pounds since May, dropping my BP, A1C and otherwise improving my lab results hasn't hurt me none. Wishing everyone great success with their chosen goals.
  • kofarre1
    kofarre1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal through to 2020 is to stick to the gym routine at least 5 times/week and use the app to be mindful of my calorie intake. I’ve had a tendency to eat wayyy above what someone my size (5’1 140lbs) should be eating and recently gained about 15 lbs within a month of starting Lexapro, which made me even more depressed. I kept gaining so I got back on the horse and recently starting using the app again. Mortified to realize how much I was eating every day. On top of this I’m going through a tough break off from an engagement with my sons father and have been feeling really bad about myself. Since I started to care again about my diet & exercise I’ve felt a sense of peace and happiness knowing everything’s going to be alright. Along with gaining a sense of self worth back. So I accept this challenge because I don’t want to fall off during the holidays, feeling sad and alone with tons of food around ... doesn’t make it easy. I want to continue the streak I’m on and begin 2020 with a head start on a new year and new chapter. I can do this, and I can get through this.
  • igutt
    Options
    Good luck to everyone and yeah breakups suck but you’ll be fine and everything will work out
  • yamabachi
    yamabachi Posts: 273 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Here's what I'm committing to, starting today until 12/31/2020:

Weight Loss Goals:
    CSW on 11/17/2019: 128.9 lb
    Goal 1: 110-115 by July 4th
    GW on 12/31/2020: 100-105

Fitness Goals- reach by 12/31/2020:
    1. Bring my monthly average daily step count to 12k and maintain that average. (ETA: current average step count is 8415)
    2. Be able to do 1 pullup from a dead hang
    3. Be able to do yoga "wheel" pose again.
    4. Perfect chaturanga from plank to updog (yoga)

Nutrition Goals
    1. Limit alcohol to only 4 days/month, max 3 drinks per day
    2. Achieve a 365 day logging streak in MFP
  • igutt
    Options
    Day 1 didn’t go as a planned so I usually train at 8pm but today I fell asleep at 6:30 and woke up at 12:30am so working out is out the window because if I workout there is no way I sleep again but all I’m thankful for is my class starts at 9:30 tomorrow and not the usual 8:30 🙏
  • mrsjhardin
    Options
    1st goal 212.8 by 12/1
    2nd goal 208.8 by 12/16
    3rd goal 204.8 by 1/1/20
    Highest weight 227

Twice I've lost over 50lbs and regained almost all of it. Started this time at 218.
    Plan is to monitor calories and attempt to maintain 1200 calories. In addition to calorie deficit, I also am trying to have at least 20 active minutes a day and utilizing my FitBit to track steps.

• KarlzEvanzGarciaz
    KarlzEvanzGarciaz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    igutt wrote: »
    So this is almost like a diary up to 2020
    It’s hard to start something in the new year and stick with it so let’s roll into 2020 with some momentum

This is for everyone so write down your goals in the comments and update us every once in a while or everyday

My goal: reach 85 kilos or lower (last time I checked I was 90) my scale stopped working so I’ll buy a scale right before 2020

Challenge starts November 17th but you can join whenever you want

So who’s with me?

Would like to join
  • KarlzEvanzGarciaz
    KarlzEvanzGarciaz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Starting weight : 282lbs
    Goal weight : 232lbs

Will post weight Monday - Friday
  • thinmarjo
    thinmarjo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    SW 369
    CW 259
    GW 145

I would like to weigh 145 in 2020.
    I eat my Goal Weight Maintenance Calories to remind myself this is not a diet but a way to learn how to live at 145lbs.
    I take daily lifelong steroids so this is tough but I see that I can do it.
    I ate fruit, vegetables, protein mostly beans, seeds, nuts,fish and oatmeal, occasionally whole wheat grains, and quinoa.
    I try to drink a gallon of water.
    Exercise daily for 60 min or more. Cardio daily. Weight training 4 to 5 week and daily stretching
    8 hours of sleep
    Letting go of relationships that don't promote good health, body, mind, spirit and are fundamentally positive with a kind give and take.
    Letting go of other bad habits like cluttered closets, dirty cars, crazy drawers and poor bookkeeping. All of these activities make me believe I need a snack lol. So working to staying on top of these daily tasks give me less anxiety.
    Believe it or not, daily laundry helps my weight loss.
    I try to food prep when I bring groceries in. Huge help.
    Salad is always ready. Fruit servings. Yogurt servings. etc
    Using the air fryer to reduce fat in cooking I love it.
    Not eating out...but when I do I dont read the menu and just ask for what I want. Grilled something and vegetables. I hit long plateaus but I eventually lose and haven't gained. I've been at this since 2015 and ready to put a fire on the last part of this weight loss.
    I'd like more buds, so friend me.

Best,

Marjorie
  • thinmarjo
    thinmarjo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Meant to say I keep good relationships and drop ones that are basically unbalanced. Not being given girl anymore.
  • igutt
    Options
    Good luck marjo and Karlz
  • igutt
    Options
    Been a hard couple of days I didn’t workout because my sleep was so messed up I didn’t sleep at all the other day so i couldn’t workout but nothing major I’ll bounce back
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on a scale in a while but - 11/12: 157
    12/1 goal: 155
    1/1 goal: 152

Do all the workouts!
    Eat to daily calorie goals!
    Compliance is key!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    11/12: 157
    *today* 11/20: 157.7

Do all the workouts - done 11/19
    Eat to daily calorie goals - done 11/19

My weight is up, but I think there's a good chance that's water because I look visually pretty darned good, plus boobs are sore, so looks like PMS is starting...but that's actually good because with any luck all the hormones will run their course and I'll actually get an accurate weight for the start of December!
  • mrsjhardin
    Options
    1st goal 212.8 by 12/1
    2nd goal 208.8 by 12/16
    3rd goal 204.8 by 1/1/20
    Highest weight 227

Plan is to monitor calories and attempt to maintain 1200 calories. In addition to calorie deficit, I also am trying to have at least 20 active minutes a day and utilizing my FitBit to track steps.

So far sticking to calories. Need to work more on activity.

Weight down to 213.9 today.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    11/12: 157
    11/20: 157.6
    *today* 11/21: 157.8

Do all the workouts - done 11/20
    Eat to daily calorie goals - done 11/20

Weight it still up and not surprising since Lucifer's Waterfall should be arriving on black friday...on the plus side, no mess for the holiday...on the minus side, not sure how down the water will be by 12/1, but I'm going to try to log weight daily just to keep track of all that and how it's trending.

Last night I started experimenting with EDT (Escalating Density Training)...so I did 15 min of bi/tri followed by 15 min of chest/back...I feel a little sore today, but not too bad, we will see what tomorrow brings in that arena...plus I did my usual glutes, I'm up from 1 lb ankle weights to 5 lb ankle weights, and I increased the band reps from 12 to 24, so my glutes have been hammered this week and they are kind of feeling it too.
  • mrsjhardin
    Options
    1st goal 212.8 by 12/1
    2nd goal 208.8 by 12/16
    3rd goal 204.8 by 1/1/20
    Highest weight 227

Sticking to calories. Need to get off my *kitten* and get active.

Weight down to 213.4 today.