What was your turning/breaking point

Options
loseit3678
loseit3678 Posts: 6 Member
At what point did you say enough was enough I need to lose this weight? What happened or clicked for you?
Β«1

Replies

• ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Size 38 jeans got too tight
    Down to 36's
    Working towards 34's
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Saw a picture of me a few Christmas' ago and was like who is that .....omg it's me!!!😳😬

Slowly and steadily getting back to the way i looked in the pics I liked πŸ™.....much slower than I anticipated... but quick fixes usually don't last right?πŸ€·πŸ˜‰

WHAT ??
    When has there ever been a bad pic of you ?
    You know we see your pics in the other threads right !! :p
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Saw a picture of me a few Christmas' ago and was like who is that .....omg it's me!!!😳😬

Slowly and steadily getting back to the way i looked in the pics I liked πŸ™.....much slower than I anticipated... but quick fixes usually don't last right?πŸ€·πŸ˜‰

WHAT ??
    When has there ever been a bad pic of you ?
    You know we see your pics in the other threads right !! :p

Lol πŸ˜‚....you are way too kind Army πŸ€—πŸ˜˜....that Christmas Past pic was scary believe me😳 lol
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    At what point did you say enough was enough I need to lose this weight? What happened or clicked for you?

What happened for you, Loseit?

For me, I've been traveling extensively for a couple of yrs, not able to cook, sometimes stuck in the middle of nowhere in far too many hotels, with not much but road food to consume. Even if I find a place with a fitness center or lap pool, after driving 400-mi & unpacking yet again... I'm too bloody tired & sore to do much.

So, the extra 20-lbs ensured nothing fit, but more importantly, I was walking around with a stiff back/neck/legs, feeling like an unbroken-in shoe.

I'm in a hotel tonight... about to do my 2nd round of hotel yoga for the day. It can be done, even if the space is minimal. We all deserve to feel good every morning. :smiley:

At times, a bit of the boot to motivate oneself doesn't hurt, either.

bqd6xq4xq5ft.png

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

You are killing it every day twinny :heart: and all pictures of you are beautiful :smiley:
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    College. Self-conscious of how bone thin I was got me.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    When I kept getting out of breath chasing my daughter plus getting out sprinted at cricket by an older teammate.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm two years into falling off the fitness wagon and my new turning point is not being able to wear any of my clothes. Not even my twice bought "fat clothes". The gf had both of us weigh ourselves and I could cry at the number.
    I let work stress, insomnia, a bad breakup, a fun new relationship and a "*kitten* it" attitude put me right back in this spot again.
    Since changing departments at work I have energy again and I'm beginning to sleep better. I no longer have any lingering ties with the ex and the shiny new relationship isn't so shiny and we're going out less. The *kitten* it attitude is there but the vanity is coming back and these chins gotta go.
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    The exact moment I knew I needed to lose weight was when my friend hung a picture in her house of us at her wedding with all of my chins on show. However the moment I actually started doing it properly was when I started doing it for my own sense of wellbeing and not for aesthetic purposes.

Focusing on health and fitness has kept me out of a dark place this year and I have grown to love the lifestyle. The results are on my body, in the clothes I wear, and in the way I carry myself. No one can take your hard work away from you. They can take your house, your money, your cat, your garmin watch... but they can't take your abs.

You're my hero twinny....you are so lovely and its from the inside as well....so proud of you and you are so right ....being healthy helps in so many other ways besides what we see in pics .....but it sure is nice to see less of us amirite?πŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’—
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    mtndewme wrote: Β»
    I'm two years into falling off the fitness wagon and my new turning point is not being able to wear any of my clothes. Not even my twice bought "fat clothes". The gf had both of us weigh ourselves and I could cry at the number.
    I let work stress, insomnia, a bad breakup, a fun new relationship and a "*kitten* it" attitude put me right back in this spot again.
    Since changing departments at work I have energy again and I'm beginning to sleep better. I no longer have any lingering ties with the ex and the shiny new relationship isn't so shiny and we're going out less. The *kitten* it attitude is there but the vanity is coming back and these chins gotta go.

You are such a cool chick and such a gorgeous one too....proud of ya girl!! I struggle with insomnia and it can cause all sort of fun side effects like weight gain or resistance to lose it as easily and so can stress another middle name of mine....so ya I'm super proud of how you took charge chicaπŸ˜ŽπŸ€˜πŸ€—πŸ’ƒπŸ’—
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    mtndewme wrote: Β»

You are such a cool chick and such a gorgeous one too....proud of ya girl!! I struggle with insomnia and it can cause all sort of fun side effects like weight gain or resistance to lose it as easily and so can stress another middle name of mine....so ya I'm super proud of how you took charge chicaπŸ˜ŽπŸ€˜πŸ€—πŸ’ƒπŸ’—

gwd1g6bkn6gc.png
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    The exact moment I knew I needed to lose weight was when my friend hung a picture in her house of us at her wedding with all of my chins on show. However the moment I actually started doing it properly was when I started doing it for my own sense of wellbeing and not for aesthetic purposes.

Focusing on health and fitness has kept me out of a dark place this year and I have grown to love the lifestyle. The results are on my body, in the clothes I wear, and in the way I carry myself. No one can take your hard work away from you. They can take your house, your money, your cat, your garmin watch... but they can't take your abs.

You're my hero twinny....you are so lovely and its from the inside as well....so proud of you and you are so right ....being healthy helps in so many other ways besides what we see in pics .....but it sure is nice to see less of us amirite?πŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’—

You are so positive and uplifting - thank you πŸ€— Haha well the aesthetic changes are a happy side effect 😊β™₯️
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    For me it started as a co-motivation process for our oldest daughter. My wife and I began with her and started with cleaner eating and exercise.

Both have since stopped doing it and it was a struggle when they did (still is)......but I had already started losing a lot of weight and was feeling so much better. I wanted to feel less miserable physically and decided that's what I was going to do.