What was your turning/breaking point

Options
2»

Replies

• Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    For me it was when I was told I wasn't attractive anymore and that I had no pride in taking care of myself. So basically it took someone to break my spirit that did it.

This makes me want to hulk out on their stupid insecure *kitten*! 👿You are beautiful.❤...im glad you're getting healthier for you but nope sorry ....they were wrong and insecure and im so sorry babe....you didnt deserve that💔....they were wrong!❤
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    When my youngest was diagnosed with a chronic condition. I wasnt happy with how I looked or felt, but mom guilt kept me from doing it for myself previously. I had a fair amount of extra time and no healthy way to work out my frustrations with what my child was going through. I figured a music based exercise class offered through a community group was a good place to start. No expectation of chatting and no typical gym related pressure as far as appearance was concerned.

The changes to my mindset were the most unexpected. The changes to my body pushed me further. Lately I've had injuries, lost my regular workout group and had life get in the way. I feel it in my mood and my body. The 8+ lbs I've put on doesnt bother me nearly as much as the sense of losing some mental and physical strength. I'm in the process of problem solving and getting back to it for myself because it is clearly something I need.

I went thru something similar and I want to say youre amazing ❤and I SO SO SOOOO get it! It took awhile for mama guilt to realize me taking care of myself was ok because its helping me live as long as I can to be here for my son....he will always need me and being healthy is gonna help me live forever!!!🙏❤❤❤❤❤....hugs super mom!🤘
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    JimDew wrote: »
    ishyz8p2ys3h.jpeg

bafflchfjw7y.jpeg

My MIL passed away late 2016. None of my dress clothes fit. I was embarrassed of how heavy I got.

Now down 70lbs. Maintained two years. 225 to 155 (+\-).

amazing and so motivating!😎🤘
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    When my youngest was diagnosed with a chronic condition. I wasnt happy with how I looked or felt, but mom guilt kept me from doing it for myself previously. I had a fair amount of extra time and no healthy way to work out my frustrations with what my child was going through. I figured a music based exercise class offered through a community group was a good place to start. No expectation of chatting and no typical gym related pressure as far as appearance was concerned.

The changes to my mindset were the most unexpected. The changes to my body pushed me further. Lately I've had injuries, lost my regular workout group and had life get in the way. I feel it in my mood and my body. The 8+ lbs I've put on doesnt bother me nearly as much as the sense of losing some mental and physical strength. I'm in the process of problem solving and getting back to it for myself because it is clearly something I need.

I went thru something similar and I want to say youre amazing ❤and I SO SO SOOOO get it! It took awhile for mama guilt to realize me taking care of myself was ok because its helping me live as long as I can to be here for my son....he will always need me and being healthy is gonna help me live forever!!!🙏❤❤❤❤❤....hugs super mom!🤘

Thankfully my child is/will be independent, but a healthy lifestyle with balanced eating and physical exercise will be extremely important for him. I know he's noticed the changes to my treats and snacks, he's commented on them. I hope that my example shapes his future habits in a positive way. And thank you for the hugs, super hugs to you too! ♥️
  • Taytaylynn92
    Taytaylynn92 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Swim suits! I no longer felt great in them. I also didn’t feel as cute in all of my dresses all of the sudden.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I went on a business trip and couldn't keep up with my boss who was a normal weight. I'd never had any problems keeping up with average weight people, even though I'd been obese for many years. That was my biggest wake up call.

Secondary turning point was several years later. I'd lost 50 lb but still needed to lose much more. I started dating my now-husband and he had a friend who went vegetarian for a year and lost 80 lb. I'd done the same thing and lost only 7 lb. So I felt angry and competitive about it and turned to calorie counting.

Now I'm 43 and at my lowest weight since I was 13!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

The Neiman Marcus fitting room....

I just looked horrible in that bikini.