Metabolism

Options

Replies

• Biggiwig69
    Biggiwig69 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Biggiwig69 wrote: »
    go52182 wrote: »
    Why is no one here urging this man to eat healthy foods? I just don't get it. We don't change when we don't change. If he keeps eating fast food his health, not just his weight, won't get any better. But hey it's ok to eat junk, IIFYM.. I guess.

We see by his weight this man is not near a healthy range. Why is no one urging him to make a serious change and be healthy?

People think, it’s good as long as he just eats 1500 calories of french fries and burgers and donuts.
    No one is thinking that. People are saying weight loss is about calories. You can become obese from eating healthy food if you overeat. I know many fat vegans.

I don’t know any fat vegans but I believe you.
  • Biggiwig69
    Biggiwig69 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Why is no one here urging this man to eat healthy foods? I just don't get it. We don't change when we don't change. If he keeps eating fast food his health, not just his weight, won't get any better. But hey it's ok to eat junk, IIFYM.. I guess.

We see by his weight this man is not near a healthy range. Why is no one urging him to make a serious change and be healthy?

People think, it’s good as long as he just eats 1500 calories of french fries and burgers and donuts.
    No one is thinking that. People are saying weight loss is about calories. You can become obese from eating healthy food if you overeat. I know many fat vegans.

And I was at my lowest weight back in 2014 when all I ate pretty much was fast food lol

Good for you then keep eating fast food again 😀
  • go52182
    go52182 Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Why is no one here urging this man to eat healthy foods? I just don't get it. We don't change when we don't change. If he keeps eating fast food his health, not just his weight, won't get any better. But hey it's ok to eat junk, IIFYM. Why is no one urging him to be healthy?

Because the scale is not moving because of his calories and logging accuracy. It has nothing to do with french fries from McDonalds.

Ok, that was his original post but my question was why are we not urging him to be healthy?
  • go52182
    Options

Well you know, eating 1,500 calories of junk isn't going to prevent heart disease and diabetes...but what do we know!
  • go52182
    Options

You obviously haven't read the thread as several people have suggested that he eat healthier....

@Pamela_Sue is the only person who tried to help this man come away from the fast food.
  • go52182
    Options

You obviously haven't read the thread as several people have suggested that he eat healthier....

@Pamela_Sue is the only person who tried to help this man come away from the fast food.

No she is not (which is why your post has been 'disagreed') .... If you need help reading, I can come sit with you.

Yeah, I don't think that's right. Four people disagreed with me cause, they do. I went though and reread everything. Before I asked why we're not urging him to eat healthier, she's the only one. Well, other than myself and -that- post sure did get a lots of "disagrees". :D
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    If you believe that your metabolism is damaged, I suggest that you measure it. You can either use the DIY method or use other methods such as doubly labelled water or measuring exhaled carbon dioxide. Doubly labelled water is expensive because it involves obtaining water with isotopes which aren't normally found in water. It also involves the use of a mass spectrometer at least twice. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doubly_labeled_water

The DIY method is pretty simple. Weigh yourself daily, or twice daily for a faster process. It took me 17 days using one weighing a day. Use food which can be weighed easily. Measure your daily intake, and your weight the following day. Graph intake vs daily change. For example, on Monday you weigh 280 pounds. You eat 2000 calories. On Tuesday you weigh 279.5 pounds. You enter 2000 and -0.5 into a spreadsheet. Then you create a scatter graph using the spreadsheet. Using Microsoft Excel, you create a linear trend line. Where the trend line crosses the zero daily weight change is your metabolic rate. It sounds complex but you have at least 2 weeks how to figure it out.