Metabolism

Options

Replies

• go52182
    go52182 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just want to throw out there that OP has had several different user names (search @geminigarcia199017 or @geminigemz90) and has posted basically the same questions over and over, receiving good information about how to start losing weight. They are obviously either a troll or not ready to do what needs to be done in order to lose the weight. Sorry to be harsh OP but you are not going to receive different answers by asking the same question to the same group of people.

Good sleuthing!
  • go52182
    edited November 2019
    Options
    go52182 wrote: »
    Biggiwig69 wrote: »
    Why is no one here urging this man to eat healthy foods? I just don't get it. We don't change when we don't change. If he keeps eating fast food his health, not just his weight, won't get any better. But hey it's ok to eat junk, IIFYM.. I guess.

We see by his weight this man is not near a healthy range. Why is no one urging him to make a serious change and be healthy?

People think, it’s good as long as he just eats 1500 calories of french fries and burgers and donuts.
    No one is thinking that. People are saying weight loss is about calories. You can become obese from eating healthy food if you overeat. I know many fat vegans.

"vegan" doesn't mean "healthy". Prime example: Veganaise.

Do you realize that fat is essential to good health?

Absolutely!! Just saying that the vegan lifestyle is not automatically more healthy. Just pointing out there are bad choices that are vegan.

Mayo/veganaise is not a good fat choice like avocados, nuts, olive oil, or coconut oil.
  • go52182
    Options
    "Eating healthy" is a commonly used phrase that is simply out of touch and is now commonly used as a scare tactic.

If you want to lose weight eat within your caloric range. 500 cheeseburger calories are the same as 500 lettuce calories. The cheeseburger will provide vital nutrients the lettuce will lack, and vice versa. Is one healthier?

Obviously the answer is no. But if you're only eating 3-5 cheeseburgers a day to hit your macros that's going to affect your health in a not-good way.
  • go52182
    edited November 2019
    Options
    wmd1979 wrote: »
    "Eating healthy" is a commonly used phrase that is simply out of touch and is now commonly used as a scare tactic.

If you want to lose weight eat within your caloric range. 500 cheeseburger calories are the same as 500 lettuce calories. The cheeseburger will provide vital nutrients the lettuce will lack, and vice versa. Is one healthier?

Obviously the answer is no. But if you're only eating 3-5 cheeseburgers a day to hit your macros that's going to affect your health in a not-good way.

When was that ever suggested once in this thread? I get so tired of that same argument because nobody ever suggests eating just cheeseburgers. Eating a varied diet is important, but a diet can be varied and still include cheeseburgers and other foods that you might claim are "unhealthy".

A cheeseburger by itself can be healthy, that's why I said the answer is no. This OP guy eats nothing but fast food. I was trying to illustrate that these things, by themselves, are not necessarily "unhealthy" but if you cram them with other foods just like them they ARE.
  • go52182
    edited November 2019
    Options

When was that ever suggested once in this thread? I get so tired of that same argument because nobody ever suggests eating just cheeseburgers. Eating a varied diet is important, but a diet can be varied and still include cheeseburgers and other foods that you might claim are "unhealthy".

A cheeseburger by itself can be healthy, that's why I said the answer is no. This OP guy eats nothing but fast food. I was trying to illustrate that these things, by themselves, are not necessarily "unhealthy" but if you cram them with other foods just like them they ARE.

Do you understand macros?

I do, thank you. However I'm talking about about general health. IIFYM is a problem because it leads people to believe IIFYM, you're good to go.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options

Do you understand macros?

I do, thank you. However I'm talking about about general health. IIFYM is a problem because it leads people to believe IIFYM, you're good to go.

out of curiosity have you read the twinkie diet info? long story short - dude lived on twinkies and other packaged food for a period of time (i believe 30 days) - ate below his required calories and not only lost weight but all his bloodwork improved

His bloodwork improved because he lost weight by reducing his calorie intake.
    Imagine the improvements in his bloodwork if he ate the same number of calories in nutrint dense foods.