Beach body on demand

Hi, does anyone use this? Is it worth paying for? I only have time for at home workouts but I'm pretty fit and usually go for kettle bell you tube videos or fitness blender hiit workouts. I would like to intensify my workouts but prefer weights to too much cardio.

Replies

• CorineJN
    CorineJN Posts: 13 Member
    The only thing worth paying for is a subscription to the gym if you have trouble working out on your own without guidance.

None of these programmes offer anything you cannot do for yourself. Still, they're great little earners, aren't they?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I had a subscription to it. Overall I prefer working out in classes in a gym, as I find the most benefit from a person pushing me in person. Plus I don't have much space in my home. So I didn't end up using it too much, but I still have a favorable impression of the service. For the yearly price, it is a great deal, and a lot cheaper than a gym membership.

There are hundreds of programs, so there are ones that meet anyone's needs as far as your goals and intensity levels. Some are more strength training based (either with weights or body weights), others are more cardio based. Some are a mix. Some are for beginners, some are for advanced. The programs tend to be well designed and high quality. Buying one individually used to cost more than a yearly subscription to the entire archive. So I think if you are looking at trying to follow a set program for at home workouts, BOD is a good choice.
  • kctberg
    kctberg Posts: 1 Member
    I joined BOD about a month ago and I love it. I have a one year old at home so the feasibility of getting to the gym is really hard for me but a couple of my co-workers also joined so we help to keep each other motivated to keep going. Well worth the money! If you are hesitant they also offer shorter membership options instead of committing to a whole year, maybe try it for 3-6 months?
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    I have had a membership for the past three years. I highly prefer running or actually anything outdoors but on the days the wind is miserable, or it’s raining buckets I have something to do. Sometimes I will find myself motivated to do a short workout partway through my day and then head off to the gym to lift in the evenings with my gym buddies. Some of the trainers I love! The way they motivate me, and speak to my needs. Others I cannot stand, lol! Everyone loves challene Johnson, I cannot stand to have her talk to me, I have to mute her voice and play my own music.

It never hurts to sign up for the free trial and cancel if you hate it.
  • TeamScorpioRI
    TeamScorpioRI Posts: 56 Member
    I have it and have been using it for a few years. If you are fan of the BeachBody workouts (P90x, Insanity, etc) then its totally worth it. You have access to the entire catalog of videos to stream whenever you want, plus there are programs not available on DVD. LIIFT4 and Core De Force are my 2 personal favorites. I also like to be able to mix and match the workouts. Doing LIIFT4 as my main program, but subbing in a P90x3 Yoga routine or a Hammer and Chisel power lifting routine on the extra rest days.

I hate working out in front of people, so this is a perfect solution for me.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    I like it for quick workouts and variety. I'm on round 3 of Lift 4 and gotten a lot stronger. I do it in the gym so I can user heavier weights, plus I'm too lazy to come up with my own program.🤷🏾‍♀️
  • amyorbash
    amyorbash Posts: 6 Member
    Def worth it in my opinion. Everyone has their personal preferences with workouts, I hate group classes (people are always in my way) & gyms in general (it takes too much time out of my day commuting to & from & other ppl annoy me), so BOD works for me.

I'm a runner but I use the programs for my strength training & they work! So try the free trial & cancel if you don't like it!
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    I used to use it every day (well, 5-6 days a week) and absolutely loved it. Huge range of programs to suit all goals and experience levels. Some of the programs require a bit of equipment, so just make sure you check out what you have vs what you need before you begin. I love having my workouts planned for me and love having the ability to rock up at my "gym" at 5am in my pjs, with no one around to judge me.
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    I will add though, if it's just weight training programs you are after, Body Beast isn't the best out there, and Sagi the trainer is such a painful meat head he makes me want to smash myself in the face. If at home lifting is your thing, there is a whole thread on good programs to follow in the Weight gain and Body Building forum here that I'm too lazy to go get the link for.
  • TeamScorpioRI
    TeamScorpioRI Posts: 56 Member
    Sagi the trainer is such a painful meat head he makes me want to smash myself in the face. .

Oh My GOD YES! He is so stereotypical its just bad! From the played out WWE catch phrases to the way he belittles the other cast... its just pathetic. If you want weights, use LIIFT4. Also under Insanity (which is probably the toughest program on there, hands down) there is the Upper Body Weight Training routine. Its just one program, but a good one for an upper body blast.
  • nuzziek
    nuzziek Posts: 69 Member
    I love it!!! I'm a runner and use it for strength training and yoga. I love the 3-week Yoga Retreat and the 21 Day Fix. I still have a lot more to discover though. Definitely a great value for what you get. I do agree that some trainers rub me the wrong way, so you have to find ones that work best for you, which takes a little trial and error.
  • KrystalKayeFisher
    KrystalKayeFisher Posts: 32 Member
    I have it. I love my coach and my BOD community. I miss BOD with the treadmill and my home gym. If you don't want to pay for it YouTube offers a ton of free workouts.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    I have it and love it! I’m doing my second round of 21 Day Fix and it’s awesome! I’m planning on moving on to 21 Day Fix Extreme next and then 80 Day Obsession.

It’s cheaper than a gym membership and I actually stick to it because I can do the workouts in my living room.