What are your 2020 Fitness Goals?

13»

Replies

• ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Out run my diet lol! But seriously I'm still trying to complete an IRONMAN TRIATHLON!

2.4 mile sarim
    112 mile bike
    26.2 mite run
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    ironhajee wrote: »
    Out run my diet lol! But seriously I'm still trying to complete an IRONMAN TRIATHLON!

2.4 mile sarim
    112 mile bike
    26.2 mite run

Sounds like a great goal. Have you signed up for a race yet? If so, which one?
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    3.2 or higher power to weight ratio on the bike. Working numerator and denominator (which is why in on MFP).

Side benefit:
    Lower bad cholesterol to acceptable limits. Avoid statins.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Lean down and lose my baby weight slowly (have about 10-12lbs left) and build my strength back up, try not to lose too fast, get adequate nutrition and protein. I would like to do this by Spring 2020, maintain/recomp through the summer then run bulk #4 August/September 2020.
  • jessrex
    jessrex Posts: 41 Member
    Get to a healthy weight BMI (130 for my height) then start building muscle. Been researching for a while now while losing weight and am so ready to start this goal. I have 26lbs to go! Take more fun classes; yoga, pilates, Barre, stripper stuff, etc.
  • nikkibrianne64
    nikkibrianne64 Posts: 89 Member
    I love everyones goals! Very inspiring!

1. Get to goal weight 130 ( I'm 12 away!)
    2. Participate is Sprint triathlon June
    3. Savage race in Sept
    4. Half/full marathon in Oct
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    2020 goals:
    sub 50 min 10K in race or training. I have done a 52min so it may be a lofty goal, but I have never really done any speed training nad I would like to start incorporating some in.

Do a pull up and eventually get to at least 3 pull ups

100lb bench
    150 lb squat
    200lb dead

Get back into triathlon. I was to complete a half iron but I think that may be a 2021 goal.

get to 138 (-10lbs). Not aiming to stay there long, but I want to see how hard it would be to get to that weight.
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    edited November 2019
    Get back to my PR in the 5K (28:35). I 've been over 30 min the last few races because I have slacked in training. Easy fix, just gotta do it.
  • smith667metal
    smith667metal Posts: 29 Member
    1. Get sub 10% bf
    2. Lean bulk build strength and get a 400lbs bench press 500lbs squat and 600lbs deadlift
    3. Then switch my focus to proper bodybuilding and maybe eventually enter in a bodybuilding competition.
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    I wanted to enter a men's over 40 physique contest.
  • stephie_nyc
    stephie_nyc Posts: 96 Member
    Training:
    Squat 265
    Deadlift 340
    Bench 135

Nutrition:
    Have a healthy relationship with food.

Physique:
    Find a “happy” place and stay there. 140-145 and 138 in the summer.

• To get to my goal weight and look and feel great 😊 continue to keep lifting and just be happy 😁
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    My first and main goal is to pass my Orange belt test in Krav Maga in Febuary. But then I still have 10 and a half months left in the year so here are some others:

Be able to do an unassisted pull up.

Be able to bench Press my body weight.

Complete the determination race (an obstacle course mud race) an hour quicker than I did it this year. My team was one of the last to finish the entire race this year.

Complete a sprint triathlon.

Run a sub-30 5k.
  • KrystalKayeFisher
    KrystalKayeFisher Posts: 32 Member
    My current weight is 204. I want to be 125 by this time next year.

I plan on doing a 5k and hitting the hiking trails around my state.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    I actually just decided to start working toward my 2020 goals today. In December, I"m going to hold myself accountable for restarting resistance training, and doing *something* (even if it's just going for a walk or doing a few pushups) every day. I have a 30-day app that I'm going to begin using today for planks, wall sits, pushups and sit-ups... So that will give me about 5 to 15 minutes of exercise each day... Sometimes small victories help. :) For 2020, I"m going to:

1. Get back on the wagon and get rid of the 10-ish pounds I've regained.
    2. Restart and stick with resistance training.
    3. Heal my foot injury and start running short races again.
    4. Ride a century (next fall).