Need to get my booty back!

Options
brystot10
brystot10 Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
Ive been running pretty aggressively lately but unfortunately my bum is gone now! I am currently doing band, kettle bell, stairmaster and even Beachbody's Brazilian Butt Lift workouts (lot like Zumba). Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• jesslifts
    jesslifts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Squats and more squats!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    brystot10 wrote: »
    Ive been running pretty aggressively lately but unfortunately my bum is gone now! I am currently doing band, kettle bell, stairmaster and even Beachbody's Brazilian Butt Lift workouts (lot like Zumba). Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Firstly reassess your eating plan (eg Proteins 1g/lb, Carbs 1.5g/lb, Fats 0.5g/lb) then look up volleyball, high jump, long jump and speed drills + strength, power & conditioning routines.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I like strong curves too. Apparently he has a new book out now though.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Want to swap? I have the exact opposite problem :)
    Unfortunately with weight loss, it tends to come off where it wants (ditto in reverse). So your only option short of butt implants would be to add some muscle to those skinny cheeks by squatting progressively.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »

Yea his Glute Lab book. I've flipped through but I haven't really read it yet. Looks good though!
  • brystot10
    brystot10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Yea, what they said...haha
  • Mcwi3681
    Mcwi3681 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Progressive squats, hip thrusts, and eat lots of protein. Works wonders!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts, donkey kicks, various squats, single leg push downs, more deadlifts. And as you're a runner, running up hills
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Yea his Glute Lab book. I've flipped through but I haven't really read it yet. Looks good though!

I thought about getting it but I wondered if it was going to be a ton of extra information that I don't care to know. Just give me a program and I'll do it lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I thought about getting it but I wondered if it was going to be a ton of extra information that I don't care to know. Just give me a program and I'll do it lol

It's a ridiculous amount of information, like an encyclopedia of glutes :D
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    You may want to consider hip thrusts in addition to squats and dead lifts. I've been doing squats for *years* and still have a relatively flat butt [joke about Asian genetics goes here]. My glutes just don't activate in a squat as much as I hoped (probably due to proportions and body mechanics), so I've recently added weighted hip thrusts to my routine. It's too soon to see any change, but I can definitely feel them in my butt more than the squats and dead lifts.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Look up madalingiorgetta.com , How I workout my glutes 6 days a week.
    I have been doing this for about 6 weeks and I have noticed that my butt is starting to get that peach shape, make sure to take a before picture. Be patient!
    It was hard for me to activate my glutes on leg day, so I have 2 booty days.
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts, squats, leg press
  • vholley60197
    vholley60197 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I do cable pull through and lunges! I also do the stairclimber at the gym and skip a step and it is sort of a lunge too.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Heavy hip thrusts or glute bridges and some single leg/split squats are great to add to your squats and deadlifts to really pump the booty!