Good Tasting Protein Shake? Does one exist?

Options
2»

Replies

• tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I make my own.

One cup silk unsweetened almond milk
    One scoop JM whey protein vanilla powder
    -- then depending on my craving that day I'll either add peanut butter, sugar free frozen berries, or sugar free chocolate syrup. So many varieties, I never get bored and they are delicious!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I drink Muscle Milk Naturals - Real Chocolate. It can be used as a meal supplement (1 scoop) or replacement (2 scoops). It's so good that I start to crave it if I think about it. By far the best tasting stuff I've tried.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I've done a lot of research on this topic because I too want to start making sure I have enough protein in my diet (none of my friends use supplements so they are no help :( ). But from what I've read Mussel Milk light (specially made for women) has the best flavors. I'm going to get some this weekend. Hopefully I can find 'Cake Mix' flavor because I think that would be amazing in the smoothies I make daily.
    Good Luck!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I like the Muscle Milk Light powders, not pre made! They have several good flavors and we mix them to make custom flavors. My favorite is Cake Batter. It is good plain, but you can use it in the blender to make smoothies with strawberries, and it tastes like short cake!! Good luck...

Awesome!!! This is what I've read and I am so happy you love it. I'm going for it this weekend :)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Herbalife.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    If you go to a Grovery store like Winco, they have these protein drinks and fruit and veggie drinks by a company called BoltHouse. The chocolate protein shake has I believe 64 g of protein and it tastes amazing! They have really good ingredients in their drinks and they all taste really good!

BoltHouse is really good. But you'd have to drink the entire 32oz bottle to get the 64g of protein. It's 16g of protein per cup (one serving).
  • LycosNyctereutes
    Options
    I just started drinking a protein shake a week ago. I bought the Jillian Michaels one because it was in a small container and I didn't know if I would be able to take the taste of it as I tried protein shakes about ten yrs ago and couldn't force them down, but also it has far less calories than the ones marketed for guys trying to bulk up (100/scoop, I use 1 1/2 scoops to make it thick enough to suit me). They were out of chocolate, so I had no choice but to get vanilla, so I add 2 Tbsp cocoa (plain baking cocoa = 0 carbs) and almond milk and crushed ice, it is quite tolerable. The almond milk adds more protein and minimal fat (3.5g/cup). The JM brand also has no artificial sweeteners which I cannot stand the taste of. It is more expensive than some of the other brands considering the amount you get for the cost, but I think it's worth it for the low calories since I only consume one shake per day.
  • southwestern25
    Options
    I'm not sure if there are protein shakes that taste good alone. I think you have to add things to make them better. I add banana, greek yogurt, fruit and silk milk to mine.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition, hands down.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    i picked up some vanilla whey powder at costco and the first time i tried it it tasted like chemicals. That was how my SO made it with milk and powder and he was finished. I take half a scoop of whey, cup of milk, frozen strawberries and half a banana if i have it blend it and enjoy. it is so good! :)