What was your favourite toy growing up?

Options

Replies

• Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I must have had 100 of these. Countless hours spent pushing them around indoors and outdoors.

8qlbcb2trrpa.jpg
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    For good days:
    vupirttv7qpm.jpg

For bad weather or sick days:
    h1n1pyxc2usf.jpg

• kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I remember wanting toys, getting toys and then being disappointed, I didn't have fun playing with them.
    I guess my favourite was my big doll, I liked to practice braiding her hair.

This thread reminded me of a fun memory! When my brother and I were around 10 we took all my barbies and all his wrestlers and gave them tattoos and "plastic surgery". It was fun.

nice...I remember cutting my dolls hair and wanting to take them apart...rip head off *shrugs*
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I remember wanting toys, getting toys and then being disappointed, I didn't have fun playing with them.

This thread reminded me of a fun memory! When my brother and I were around 10 we took all my barbies and all his wrestlers and gave them tattoos and "plastic surgery". It was fun.

When my GI Joe's would break I'd take them apart and rebuild them with GoBot parts, that was always pretty cool
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My daughter reconfigures her broken Monster High dolls all the time...new faces, new body parts or steampunk style appendages, merging them together...it's weird, but cool...I was never that creative as a child.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Tonka anything, the metal ones. If you didn't have a chance to cut yourself on a rusted out old Tonka dump truck in our neighborhood, you missed out.

And Hot Wheels.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I was separated from my parents for about a year when I was 6. So when we were finally able to see each other again , my dad gave me a barbie and a doll house. It's all I played with when I was growing up. Till this day, I still have that barbie. Her head came off but it can still mound on her neck. My girls play with her often. But now that I think of it, I haven't seen her in weeks....
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    those little plastic army soldiars. i loved them we would set up a war
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

LOL! this reminded me of one day coming home from school where I left my perfectly set up barbies and accessories...okay some shoe boxes I turned into rooms and some random furniture and I think a camper and the vette! woo that purple vette was the bomb!!! anyway younger brother by 2 yrs was home sick that day as well

I came home to headless...armless dolls and some JI JOE dolls driving my vette and camper :o ....apparently there was a war while I was away :s I guess it could have been a hell of a lot worse amirite? :#
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    there is a pic at my mom's house of me at about 7 on Christmas morning holding up a play iron like it was an acadamy award! hahaha....I was obviously a stepford wife back in the day...I wanted to be a mom and do all that fun stuff my mom got to do so badly!....yup ...it sure is a blast all that "stuff" :|
  • Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I didn’t really have any. Too busy for much play time.

lnqp6vpnx00b.jpeg

Careful with That Axe, Eugene

[old Pink Floyd song] ;)
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Optimus Prime Transformer, complete with the trailer and Roller.
  • armyvet25
    armyvet25 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm old school...SLOT CARS
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I was pretty in love with my stuffed animals, especially bears & one particular unicorn.

But my favorite toys were Crayola markers. Every type imaginable.
  • ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My Etch-a-Sketch and my older bro's Lite Brite (with most of the pegs missing and no templates, lol).
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    jiazzpmwsaqc.jpg

I must have put hundreds of miles on my Huffy! We lived in the country, so the gravel roads were our highway. We rode our bikes and explored every abandoned house and barn within miles of our house.
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Original GI Joes

8ncz13mumxt5.png
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Legos.