Jeans....

Options
Ok I did not know what category to put this under so I just came here. I have been reading all these stories about people getting into smaller jeans and I was wondering at what point did that happen for you cause I am down 9 pounds and I still can't get into smaller jeans! I don't know where that 9 pounds was lost from but it obviously was not my butt and hips....It is kinda discouraging because I thought for sure that after 10 pounds lost I would be able to at least squeeze into a smaller pair....It makes me think the scale is playing some cruel joke on me and its just not true that I am losing weight. My measurements are not changing either....

So how many pounds did you have to lose to get into a smaller size?
How long did it take you?
What kinda workouts/eating did you do to get there?

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I feel like I go down a size with every 12-15 pounds.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Are your jeans at least fitting better? Less muffin top? Maybe they were too small to begin with? Everyone's body is different.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    30 lbs unfortunately haha!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    my first size drop was around 15-20 pound lost mark

i've noticed that the closer i am getting to my goal now, the more quickly the sizes change (ie, the last 10 pounds took me from a 10 to an 8 for jeans)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    You'll run across some general guidelines in these posts.

Please remember that toning can also make you go down a pant size. I lost 0 pounds, but still went down a pant size. This was through turbo fire.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    After 12 pounds I dropped two sizes.
  • genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I lose weight from my wrists and face first. The middle part takes forever.

What type of exercise are you doing? If just cardio, try some calisthenics, crunches, etc. Anything that works your core and legs.
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I still cant go down a size.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I agree that everyone's body is different. I was always pretty evenly fat.... fat in the same proportion all over. Then, when i started working out instead of just changing to healthy eating habits, i found out that i was wrong. my thighs love being skinny... my waist, not so much. For me, jeans fit correctly in the waist and looser in the thighs... so often when i can get them 'up' i cant get them buttoned and have to give it a few more lbs.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body type, what you're eating, water consumption, exercise habits, etc.
    I went from a size 0-1 at 105 lbs to a size 0-3 at 115 lbs. That's about a 10lb difference. At the same time, the weight gain was caused by sendentism due to hosipitalization, so the majority of that weight gain was fat. As I've been exercising and weight lifting again, I'm able to fit into some of my old clothes despite not losing any weight.

Try new exercises, especially lower body exercises using weights (going through a full range of motion).
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I'm down almost 30 pounds and I'm still in a 15 (swimming in them in most jeans) and still can't zip up my 13s (I had them from back in the day when my mom bought them and I didn't fit in them). It's frustrating. But I think it really depends. I'm pearshaped, so most of my weight is in my legs etc. I've gone down a few shirt sizes though
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    16 pounds for me:happy:
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I posted about this a few days ago. There isn't necessarily a direct correlation between weight and size. I have been a size 8 for most of my adult life whether I was 140 or 120, just because I carried a lot of weight in my hips and butt. This time around, I only lost 12 pounds to get to a weight I liked, but I also lost almost 8 inches off of my waist and hips and am now a size 6. The only thing I do differently now is that I do yoga about 4x a week, but I don't know if that was what made the difference or not.
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Seems like for everyone, the last thing to come off is what we consider our 'problem area'...(mine is stomach). I've lost about 11, and my tight jeans fit now, but my legs and butt are the first place I lose (been doing a ton of work on the stepper and elliptical though, and really feeling that in the butt!).

Hang in there...it will come, and when it does, it will feel great!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I'm down 19lbs and still size 18 in jeans. They are loose on my thighs but snug on my waist/hips. I started out as size 20 but I guess I have big hips or something. Well, my jeans are old too so maybe I just need to go to the store and try a new pair on.
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Might help to keep track of measurements as well as the weight on the scale. We all tend to lose inches in different areas first. My last time, I had gone down a little over 20# and was only down 1 size (but my original size was getting tight).
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I was down about 20 lbs to get from a size 16-14, another 15 lbs to get to a 12, another 8 lbs to get to a 10, and just now another 6-7 lbs to be in a size 8.

Im 5'10 and have a large frame. It took FOREVER to see a real change in sizes, but as a previous poster said, the closer I get to my goal the faster my sizes change.

**EDIT: I also have the proportion problem--My waist is in a size 8 but I have to be careful with the style (like no skinny jeans---EVER!) bc some styles are too tight in the thighs. My quads & calves are pretty muscular and seem to need a size of their own! :frown: It really depends on body type.

good luck and keep it up!
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    psh..... If I gain or lose 5lbs... my clothes are too tight or just right...so this gives me a huge complex with weight.... :grumble:
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 lbs down and down one clothing size on the bottom, but they are getting a bit loose again now.

EDIT;

Think about what size clothing you were in at your target weight, or expect to be at your target weight. How many clothes sizes from where you are now is that? how many lbs/kgs off from where you are now is that? That should give you a rough guess for you of how many lbs per clothing size, but of course it doesn't work exactly like that, it's just a rough idea