Question for all

Options
Is it just me or do people on here not reply to your messages? I’m new to forums but been off and on MFP. I hope it’s not anything I have said. I love helping people and love kidding around. Any comments?

Replies

• ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    It may not be intentional. I only recently started using this site, rather than just the app. On the app, I had no idea I was receiving messages. Now I know where to go to see them, but it is very possible people only using the app do not know they have inbox messages.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hello, if you are referring to actual messages to other's inboxes, they only show when I am in 'My Home' or 'Food' tabs and I often overlook them. If you are referring to posting on the message boards, it could be due to a variety of things. Topics quickly move to the 2nd or 3rd pages and can quickly be buried. If you are saying 'hi' without much other information, people are less likely to respond. I have found people are most likely to respond if you either have a question, or a statement that provides enough information that people can respond to. Some people are just not chatty, but do want to provide assistance. I cannot speak to the 'Chat' forums as I never read those.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    There's a glitch actually so if you send a message to someone to are not friends with they won't receive the message at all. They aren't being rude. If they were to message you then it will work. It's bizarre but then again lots that happens here is. But ya if they're not answering I'd bet they didn't get it at all
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    So basically it's not you it's MFP

If you want to send someone a message just send an fr and say something like I had sent a message but you can only see it if we're friends
  • jc4meandu
    jc4meandu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Ok good ty so much for comments. I just trying to help people and make freinds😁✝️
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    It's a safety feature and fix. Before that, people were receiving all kinds of unwanted friend requests from the same anonymous people with some disturbing messages.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    jc4meandu wrote: »
    Ok good ty so much for comments. I just trying to help people and make freinds😁✝️

If you're talking about sending messages to individuals, I believe MFP made it so that you have to be friends for them to receive them because people were getting harassed.

If you're talking about the forums, I personally...and I think a lot of other people look primarily at "Recent Discussions" so if there's not a lot of traffic on a particular post, it will slip into the abyss.
  • jc4meandu
    jc4meandu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    👍 thanks!
  • julieannemarshall885
    Options
    The app isn't very user friendly is it? I don't even know how to add friends yet. It's very clunky and if ppl ur not friends with don't get posted MESSAGES, how do u make new friends. I'm confuddled
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    The app isn't very user friendly is it? I don't even know how to add friends yet. It's very clunky and if ppl ur not friends with don't get posted MESSAGES, how do u make new friends. I'm confuddled

You send a friend request (there's a button for that on their profile page, unless they've turned off that option), which is different from sending a message.

MFP will let you put a short message on the friend request. Some people are more likely to accept you friend request if you say why you want to be friends with them specifically.