Not losing weight!? Any advice would be great 🙂

Hi I’m 5’7 & have been fluctuating between 180-185 at 1700 calories a day. I originally gained about 80 lbs with pregnancy. Lost about 40 so far very slowly. IAny ideas? Thank you!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    edited November 2019
    As you lose weight, your calorie needs go down as well. Have you adjusted your goal calorie intake to your lower weight?

MFP had me at 1750 kcal a day but didn't adapt that number as I lost weight. I had to manually 'adapt' (confirm) my goals in the settings and suddenly my goal intake was only 1660! And that was for losing only 12lbs or so, much less than the weight you've already lost!
  • overeater1
    overeater1 Posts: 38 Member
    I’m losing consistently on the following diet if it is any help: breakfast is a bowl of bran flakes with skimmed milk, lunch salad containing lettuce, cherry tomatoes, pickled baby beetroot, gherkins, a banana, low calorie yoghurt and a packet of crackers. Dinner is 3-4 baby potatoes steamed with a blob of red pesto, 3 carrots steamed, stir fried veg: 1/3 head of broccoli, an onion, bell pepper, 1/3 courgette, and corn on the cob. Snacks later in the evening are a 2 finger KitKat, crackers with pesto and 2 slices of cheese. I’m vegetarian btw. I walk for an hour 5 days a week and have an average weekly step count of 10k per day. It’s really working for me, it’s high volume and I still have chocolate and cheese and I’ve lots of energy and I’m losing weight.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    How long has it been since the scale has gone down at all?
  • Makatees
    Makatees Posts: 30 Member
    I do Intermittent fasting and have lost about 10kg in less than 4 months. I don’t track or weigh my food and and I eat whatever I want in a shorter window. I do low carb, and I eat a lot of whole food. Somehow, it’s working for me with minimal exercise.
  • hbb2008
    hbb2008 Posts: 1 Member
    I am also trying to do intermittent fasting. I use the Zero app for iPhone to help with choosing a fast and gain more information. I try to follow it more strictly during the week and try to on the weekend but the weekends are sometime harder to complete a full fast. I also walk a dog after work a few days a week as well as walking quite a bit at my job. I’m at slowly losing weight but not at 1 lb per week like my goal on MFP is. I fluctuate between 2-3 lbs for a long time before I actually loose those 2-3 lbs. I need to update my calorie intake to better reflect my current state. I try to get as much water in during the day as I can too. Good luck!
  • overeater1
    overeater1 Posts: 38 Member

I’m losing consistently on the following diet if it is any help: breakfast is a bowl of bran flakes with skimmed milk, lunch salad containing lettuce, cherry tomatoes, pickled baby beetroot, gherkins, a banana, low calorie yoghurt and a packet of crackers. Dinner is 3-4 baby potatoes steamed with a blob of red pesto, 3 carrots steamed, stir fried veg: 1/3 head of broccoli, an onion, bell pepper, 1/3 courgette, and corn on the cob. Snacks later in the evening are a 2 finger KitKat, crackers with pesto and 2 slices of cheese. I’m vegetarian btw. I walk for an hour 5 days a week and have an average weekly step count of 10k per day. It’s really working for me, it’s high volume and I still have chocolate and cheese and I’ve lots of energy and I’m losing weight.
    Just curious why 3 people have disagreed with me?

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Where has anyone stated they disagreed with you? They gave opinions on how they lost as well.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    Where has anyone stated they disagreed with you? They gave opinions on how they lost as well.

Several people used the disagree button underneath the post.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

My guess, is when she wrote and asked is because people had hit the disagree button, it now has 5. kimny72 gave a spot on answer as to why people may have hit the disagree button.