Starting Keto Again... Need Support!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Annette and I am starting keto again today! I am looking to meet people to have as a support group.

A little about me:

I am 32 years old and live in Miami, Florida. I am a single mom to an 11 year old girl. I’ve been up and down in weight ever since I got pregnant with her. In February 2018, I was diagnosed with PCOS, which was what triggered me to start the keto diet. At that time, I weighed in at 210. I dived right in and was totally into it after the intial week of adjusting to no carbs... I was following keto 80% of the time, intermittent fasting (8 hour feast, 16 hour fast) most days of the week, doing Crossfit 3+ times a week, drinking a ton of water and generally just being more active and making healthy choices. I felt amazing and thought I could never go back to eating poorly all the time again.

Well, I was in a car accident in August, resulting in a back injury which led me to stop working out. Slowly but surely, I found myself falling back into my poor eating habits. I knew what I was doing, but I guess I was depressed and just didn’t care.

Anyway, I finally feel like I hit rock bottom. Which is a great thing. I knew that feeling would come back. That “I need to change my life”, inspired, motivated, excited feeling. I am ready to snap out of it and start taking back my health.

So yeah, as of today:

Height 5’7”
HW: 210
CW: 192
GW: 152

Goals:
-track food daily in MFP
-keto no cheats for 21 days
-lose 40 lbs
-exercise 3x a week (yoga/spinning/walking)

Anyway, please introduce yourself if you want to be accountability/ support partners!

Replies

• GlobeYack
    GlobeYack Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello Aniluz7. Welcome and thank you for sharing. I haven't been that long on here but I have had health problems throughout my life, not just physically so I can relate to an extent.

I appreciate the time it took you to write this information and by the looks, it was somewhat difficult for you to write. You've come a long way and although what you've been through pushed you back, you have the will to push forward again which is inspiring.

I believe you'll reach your goal as you have a great attitude and you need to do this for yourself.

I would be more than happy to be a support for you and help you as much I can. Please feel free to add me as a friend or pm me. 😊
  • JagaSrik
    JagaSrik Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Never do unbalanced diet without consulting a certified nutritionalist
  • jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am on Keto too! And I too am looking for encouraging and supportive friends of which I will return the same! Down 25 have 50 more to go!
    Please feel free to add me if you wish!
  • stephluvsaverie
    stephluvsaverie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Annette!

I’m starting keto again for the second time this year! I’m trying to stay on track and would love starting a support group!

About me:
    My name is Stephanie. I am 31 and live the San Francisco Bay Area. I started keto once before and lost 35lbs. I became a little too confident in my self-control and went off course. I started keto again 2 weeks ago to lose 15 lbs to get to my goal weight. Having a support buddy would be great!

Add me! :smiley: