Best Cardio to do at home?

Options
Hi everyone!
Can anyone recommend good cardio to do at home? I normally do jump rope but the outside weather is too rough already for that. So instead I started doing jumping jacks at home, but find it gives me lower back pain. I’m looking for something that’s not so rough on my back.

I’d appreciate any ideas! Thanks!!

Replies

• Cateyj
    Cateyj Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Some great hiit workouts on fitness blender. 30 mins that really make you sweat and feel like you have worked out. The demos are really clear too. X
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Why can't you jump rope indoors? Check Youtube for cardio/Hiit etc types of workouts, there are so many.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I do a cardio video every morning. Some of my favorites are ones by Amy Bento Ross, Kelly Coffey Meyer, TurboJam and TurboFire.
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions! I’ll definitely look into them :)

I can’t jump rope at home because I live in a condo. Ceiling is too low - I already tried! 😆
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Rowing.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    Cycling
    Rowing
    Running
    Walking
    Cross country skiing
    Snowshoeing
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    How do you ski and snowshoe at home?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,895 Member
    Options
    How do you ski and snowshoe at home?

From home.

On a snowy day, place skis or snowshoes on feet and go outside. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Check out Jessica Smith TV on youtube - she has a host of workouts with a variety of lengths.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    You can dress for the weather and get outside for a walk.
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You can jump rope without a rope.
    That. The calories burned are from the bouncing on the balls of your feet, not the wrist action.

Hey, is everyone single? My wife read over my shoulder and started laughing at us and is pulling me away...lol

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Can anyone recommend good cardio to do at home? I normally do jump rope but the outside weather is too rough already for that. So instead I started doing jumping jacks at home, but find it gives me lower back pain. I’m looking for something that’s not so rough on my back.

I’d appreciate any ideas! Thanks!!

Go up and down the stairs if you have some
    Body weight squats
  • CandiesAndSweets
    Options
    I do resistance training three times a week and need to do cardio twice a week. I used to dance to the fitness Marshall on YouTube - which is what I have remembered yesterday and ended up doing it this morning 😁 I just didn’t want to lose my stamina with jump rope in winter.
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If your married, I can think of one good cardio activity... It’s my fav!
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I do resistance training three times a week and need to do cardio twice a week. I used to dance to the fitness Marshall on YouTube - which is what I have remembered yesterday and ended up doing it this morning 😁 I just didn’t want to lose my stamina with jump rope in winter.

Winter is rough. I enjoy 6+ hours a week of bike riding, but no way at 32f. I'm trying to learn how to really diet, instead of burning off the excess. Maybe I'll move to a warmer climate....naaaaah :)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a killer cardio out. You might like it
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a killer cardio out. You might like it

If I remember correctly lots and lots of jumping jacks.....
  • CandiesAndSweets
    Options
    You can dress for the weather and get outside for a walk.
    I actually do when the weather is doable. I love in Chicago so right now we get a low of snow and wind. I walk from train everyday. I just wanted something to raise my heat rate for about 20-30 minutes.